High Ping Occurs When Building Right After Game Starts on UEFN Converted Map

I’ve been reconstructing my map using the UEFN after converting it from Fortnite Creative. However, I have been facing a consistent issue immediately after the conversion. Specifically, for several minutes after the game starts, I experience high ping and frequent rollbacks if I start building. However, these issues do not occur during normal movement or any other activities that do not involve building. Also, if I stop building, the ping immediately returns to zero.

This issue tends to resolve naturally a few minutes after entering the map.

• During gameplay sessions while editing in UEFN:
    The issue occurs at the initial start of the game. If the problem settles down once, it does not occur when the game is ended and restarted. However, the problem occurs again after restarting UEFN and launching a new session.

• After uploading and publishing the map or when using a private code to enter the map:
    The problem almost always occurs.

I’ve asked other users if they are experiencing similar problems, and it seems they are. I’m attaching the logs. Several warnings can be seen in the logs, but I haven’t been able to identify any errors that seem to have a direct influence on the situation.

My map code is 1696-9556-4703. I would greatly appreciate any advice or suggestions you might have.
UnrealEditorFortnite.log (2.6 MB)

@ryryo Thank you for your report! We would like to look into this further, would you be able to submit a bug report using the form available here? Fortnite Creative

1 Like

@PurpleElephant55 Sent. I hope this will be resolved as soon as possible.

After reading this post, I also temporarily removed Guard spawner and the bug no longer occurs.
I still don’t know how to solve it, but here seems to be the cause.

1 Like

Can confirm this is still an issue 6 months later. Converted a 1.0 map to UEFN and for the first 4-5 minutes building is very laggy and the ping goes up.

Not sure if deleting the guards would fix the issue for me. Unfortunately, that is not an option for me as they are a critical part of the map.

https://streamable.com/6ricj5

2 Likes

@Teadoh Thank you for your report! Can you please re-post using the “New Issue” option on the Issues and Bug Reporting forums? Posts with this feature are connected directly into our development team so we can quickly get to them!

For more information, such as how to get the reference ID, please check out the article here: Using the Creative and UEFN Bug Reporting Form

UCB-1163 incident has been created. Status is ‘Awaiting Validation’.

OMG ! This is my EXACT problem !

Any fix or workaround for you yet?

I need a solution for this as well 3/25/24

are you still facing this problem? cuz i have this exact same thing in Ranked Battle Royale and other creative maps which have more than 30 players in island,

they are taking forever to fix this simple issue