Guard spawner cause lag spikes when placed in a session

I was placing a guard spawner in my UEFN session and then i was getting some lag spikes every 5 seconds and does the same thing during the game. Is there anyways to avoid this except removing the device?

I have the same issue. Even 1 Guard Spawner makes lag …
Didn’t figured out yet if the spawner itself an issue or some other combination or existed devices + any Guard spawner cause the issue.
But removing Guard Spawner eliminates Lag spikes

Hello @Gr1Squid and @keann could you please fill out a bug report form with your repro steps? Thanks!

I’ve sent a bug report on the website with every repro steps and infos regarding the issue

1 Like

Hey there, I also experience the lag issues with guards and also with wildlife spawners. In another post I read about not to place spawners within a radius of another spawner but that also didnt help. Do you already know what the issue is? :slight_smile:

1 Like

The status of UCB-1063 incident has been moved from ‘Awaiting Validation’ to ‘Closed’.

I can confirm this bug. Just having a couple guard spawners placed on my map is causing noticeable lag spikes, especially when building across sky map for example.

We are investigating lag/ping issues with creature, guard and wildlife spawners. As a workaround disabling streaming in your map may help but we understand this may not be an adequate solution for some creators.

Thank you for the information. I’m facing this problem now and was curious if you have an update. Unfortunately, I can’t disable streaming due to my map size, but there is no lag when I do disable streaming. With Streaming enabled, 300-400 ping. With my map being a single-player map, I rely heavily on these devices and can’t publish until I can find a solution. Thank you for your time.

I have tested this but can confirm disabling streaming does not fix the lag issues.

All I did was place down 4x Guard Spawners (replaced Sentry Spawner which I’m using as a temporary replacement), and disabled streaming for the map. The lag spikes are very noticeable when bridging across sky islands.

The new NPC spawner causes the same lag spikes too.

Same issue here, when I put a NPC spawner on my map it lags. I have streaming disable.

@alexcoulsonn @LeobartzMint Thank you for your report! Can you please re-post using the “New Issue” option on the Issues and Bug Reporting forums? Posts with this feature are connected directly into our development team so we can quickly get to them!

For more information, such as how to get the reference ID, please check out the article here: Using the Creative and UEFN Bug Reporting Form

Bump this bug has been happening since release.

Hey @PurpleElephant55 will do it. Thanks

I wanted to add that with enable streaming turned “OFF” the ping / lag caused by the Guard Spawner is still persitent. Thank you
-Ben

Can confirm this is happening and would like to see a fix asap :smiley: Hope the Devs at Epic can resolve this quickly

Can also confirm this still occurs no matter how many guard spawners there are.

This issue has been reported multiple times and its still not fixed by Epic.

This is a critical breaking issue for our experience. If i take out the npc spawners suddenly no starting lag.