HELP - UEFN Crashes every single time I launch a session

I started another new project, imported a few assets and boom. got the same bug again.

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000000000000000

this program is completely unusable

delete all files inside this folder and try again

C:/Users//AppData/Local/UnrealEngine/Common/DerivedDataCache

Did you get any success with your procedure, let us know :innocent:

I completely formatted the hard drive, deleted all my data and installed a new Windows…
Then installed the app and realize all this was useless and it didn’t even fix my crashing when opening UEFN…

Like… what???

@wawoo The crash pop up now literally doesn’t even know what kind of crash am I facing!!

LoginId:17f7f73b4a562ed3bb198c944be66206
EpicAccountId:5e91f95f382a4b1f8f2f468e28aed48a

You do not have any debugging symbols required to display the callstack for this crash.

I had this problem with UEFN before, ok try to create another windows acount on your pc, and try to run UEFN from it.

The error keeps changing now its this one I made a new windows account:

LoginId:3ccbd8ba43b3ae263f1b84ada03fe0c1

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION

UnrealEditorFortnite_Win64_Shipping
kernel32
ntdll

Then I closed and relaunched again and now this is what’s it showing:

LoginId:3ccbd8ba43b3ae263f1b84ada03fe0c1

Fatal error: [File:D:\build\++Fortnite\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\GenericPlatform\GenericPlatformMemory.cpp] [Line: 253] 
Ran out of memory allocating 24 (0.0 MiB) bytes with alignment 2237097232. Last error msg: The operation completed successfully..

kernel32
ntdll

And the interesting part is this started happening after version 29.10 before that I only had the launch session crash now I can’t even get to that point to test it out or even work on a different project

Maybe its something related to location, can you try to test a windows vpn with a new location, its a fare fetch idea, but how knows …

I already had a VPN so I just change the location and turn it off but it’s same, I got this in the log file:

Freeing 33554432 bytes (32.0 MiB) from backup pool to handle out of memory.
MemoryStats:
	AvailablePhysical 17368498176 (16.18 GiB)
	 AvailableVirtual 15936024576 (14.84 GiB)
	     UsedPhysical 5396520960 (5.03 GiB)
	 PeakUsedPhysical 5658988544 (5.27 GiB)
	      UsedVirtual 7024152576 (6.54 GiB)
	  PeakUsedVirtual 7502708736 (6.99 GiB)
Allocator Stats for Mimalloc: (not implemented)
appError called: Fatal error: [File:D:\build\++Fortnite\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\GenericPlatform\GenericPlatformMemory.cpp] [Line: 253] 
Ran out of memory allocating 24 (0.0 MiB) bytes with alignment 2369595808. Last error msg: The operation completed successfully..

Is this leading to my actual system memory do you think?
I already tried turning xmp off and on but it was no use and I’m not sure if it’s even related to actual system memory

You need Epic help here, its a very strange situation, maybe its something related to a firewall on your router
, or the account itself is corrupted, we need a better diagnostics for UEFN bugs and crashes, current logs are not helping in anyway unfortunately.

1 Like

I just closed opera gx and that was it.
It didn’t crash anymore all I had to do was to close that app for some reason
I’m gonna test the launch session to see if the reset factory help to fix that one

Welp, I just tested and it still crashes at launch session

Try to create a new test copy of your project, where you delete all mesh objects, only gameplay assets and see if it load session.
I think that on amazon aws server many mesh assets are still flagged as public assets so you cant use them anymore, some sort of cache reset in need on the server side of our accounts, only the developer can help with that.

1 Like

im still getting the issue on all my projects, even brand new ones. don’t know what to do at this point

1 Like

I asked my friend in another country to try launching a session and he actually was able to do so,
I think it has to be something about the connection since I changed nothing but he could launch a session in same project with no problem at all

So where are you located , because I am suspecting something here …

I had this problem ( crash report ends with “0x0000000000000000” )show up after the last update in a project I’ve put a lot of time into.

Here’s what fixed it for me: deleted the folder Users//AppData/Local/UnrealEditorFortnite/Intermediate

1 Like

have you tried what @TritonSailor suggested yet?

have you confirmed it’s safe to delete the folder? no data loss for any projects?

This is what’s in mine:

I started getting this crash again after I did some trouble shooting to fix another issue with making a private version (getting this error when making private version Module 2e015c3e-4c80-edd8-84fe-3b9c30251cdf v577 referenced by this project has safety_status failed_soft and cannot be loaded.)

Deleting that intermediates folder didn’t fix the crash this time, however I was able to launch the same project after syncing it on my laptop. After that, running the project on my desktop now works again. Not sure what’s going on exactly.