HELP - UEFN Crashes every single time I launch a session

the problem seemed to fix itself for about a day. I was randomly able to launch a session a few days ago and after that it seems to work fine… until the update a day after I had it fixed, now post downloading the update, it’s back to crashing while uploading to launch a session.

The folder here: C:/Users//AppData/Local/UnrealEngine/Common/DerivedDataCache

I have 3 folders in this folder above:

• Buckets
  • Content
  • TestData

and within those, many many more folders.

Do I delete all of them to see if this fix works? and will this affect any of my current projects?

If your crash include this line in the error message:

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000000000000070

Then removing that could actually help but if yours end with “00” and not “70” then I don’t think it does I already tried it

1 Like

That’s new, is this what you get after every launch session now instead of crashing? or that happened once?

1 Like

It only happened ounce, and now I removed control version since its not related to session launch, and its only worsen the problem by waiting for another upload.

It would be useful if we can track the upload itself, since it might be some server problem somewhere, or
cache files or any hidden procedure done during upload, as it was working fine before this v 29.0 update and its successor.

I don’t think there is anything else we can do but to wait for staff to address this issue, as it seems to be a server-side bug

@HalcyonKnight96 Hey there, we’ve tested the solution you suggested:

I made 2 other blank projects and launched a session then came back to my main project and it still crashes with the same error, is there anything else we can try? or do you need any files to address this issue and help the investigation?

1 Like

has anyone found a fix for this yet?

1 Like

try this maybe it work with you , I didn’t try it yet

1 Like

I don’t have another computer to try this on. They need to fix this it’s been almost 2 weeks and I haven’t been able to work at all.

1 Like

I’ve tried it on another pc all it did was to crash at 270 MB instead of 220 MB :,)

2 Likes

I keep uploading it over and over again, because it actually went through once before but after the update went back to crashing. It gets super close, mine goes up to 1700MB so I have to wait like 15 minutes just for it to get to 1600 and crash every time.

3 Likes

Hey is the crash fixed for you?
I got another problem I can’t even open UEFN to check, it crashes at 73% during loading and gives a different error message each time I just wanted to know if the launch session crash we had is fixed in new update

Unfortunately session launch is still crashing at about 75% upload with the new update 29.10 , I don’t know where is the problem, only Epic knows how to fix this :disappointed:

2 Likes

yep still crashing. @HalcyonKnight96

1 Like

Even the new project I started last week because I couldn’t work on any other projects now can’t launch a session after yesterdays update. Might start another project because this is getting ridiculous.

2 Likes

-Your socket connection to the server was not read from or written to within the timeout period. Idle connections will be closed.E6ZKE4BQKDWBRSEBF7Rud3LllzeAh

-Connection to the server failed.

This is from my UEFN crash log, my upload speed is slow, could this be a reason, anyone tried to get better upload speed , maybe this could be the reason for the crash somehow…

2 Likes

Does your crash happen in the same percentage or same number every time?
Like mine always crash when it reaches 220 MB to 229 MB

1 Like

No mine’s always different

1 Like

yes I think at about 74% most of the time, its a server problem, maybe because many users are now making maps, no one knows until now.

1 Like

@wawoo I was hoping for this new update to fix everything just to lunch and realize now I can’t even open the app at all😅

I’m going to just fully get rid of all my files and reset my pc, change the OS and see what happens I’m so tired of this… every post is just being ignored and no fix at all

2 Likes