HELP - UEFN Crashes every single time I launch a session

It started with 1 project that I hadn’t edited in a while, so I go in to launch a session and it goes to upload project out of 1,613mb. It will get pretty close but before finishing the upload it crashes every time.

Now it’s happening with all my other projects. I changed nothing, this started happening after the recent update.

On the original project where this problem occurred I tried deleting everything that I thought could’ve caused it, I turned my computer off and on, uninstalled uefn, nothing.

I can open the projects and edit it fine in UEFN but cannot launch a session. When I open any project, the ouput log says the same thing…

“LogHotfixManager: Error: Only 329 of 371 assets were successfully patched from ‘AssetHotfix’ section in the Game .ini file. The patched assets will be forced to remain loaded. Any assets that failed to patch may be left in an invalid state!”

Anyone know how to fix this?

I have the same crashes since this new UEFN v 29.0 release with no fix until now, it would help if we get a response from the developers, or offer any possible fix for this problem.

I found this solution but didn’t work either

[HalcyonKnight96]

@davidpkami this might help your problem could you delete the folder located here:

C:/Users//AppData/Local/UnrealEngine/Common/DerivedDataCache

3 Likes

Yep. It is the same solution that @HalcyonKnight96 gave me on [CRITICAL] Can not Launch Session: UEFN Crashes - #26 by Old_Ghostt

1 Like

unfortunately its not working for me, session crash near upload ends, with not errors or tracking available to locate the problem, very frustrating indeed :unamused:

I would recomend you do the same as I did. Put all the info of the crash in the thread and add the Crash files also

1 Like

Our crash report ends with “0x0000000000000000” while the solved one ended with “0x0000000000000070” I tried asking about this but no answers yet. it apears that the problem could be one of the imported assets but yet no way to locate the asset.

@creativegoblinn Thank you for your report! Can you please re-post using the “New Issue” option on the Issues and Bug Reporting forums? Posts with this feature are connected directly into our development team so we can quickly get to them!

For more information, such as how to get the reference ID, please check out the article here: Using the Creative and UEFN Bug Reporting Form

Did your problem fixed after this update or at all? I’m still getting the same crash with same error

no didn’t work either, same launch session crash, very frustrating

@wawoo hey there. We’re investigating your issue. Can you try to launch session again?

2 Likes

I started uploading , thanks

I have the same issue and it crashed again mid-upload, with same error and crash pop up.

it crash at upload 210 mb from 294 bm,

latest log

UnrealEditorFortnite.log (2.0 MB)

@wawoo this may sound silly but could you try making a few blank projects and upload/launch session with them? Then go back to your project with the crash issue and try uploading/launching session again? This might clean up some files on our backend which might help your issue.

1 Like

Ok I will do that, would it help if I remove UEFN and install again, thanks

@HalcyonKnight96 Can I share my resoults as well? I’m having the same issue with UEFN crashing in launch session mid-upload.

1 Like

Could you test downloading your map on another team member’s pc using revision control? (It doesn’t crash when you upload it to revision control) I tried downloading it on another pc using revision control and it looks like the backed up files on revision control from that project is also broken cuz it gave me an weird error failing to download the contents of the map.

EDIT: I removed the project in same pc and re-downloaded and it worked but the crash is still happening. I’ll try migrating it to a new project and see if it’ll fix the crash.

1 Like

revision control uploaded the project, and to launch session it upload again and crash, so revision control is just a backup or it can run sessions too ?

I even tried to merge some of the project static meshes into a new blank project, and it crash too, as if my assets where cursed, despite they are imported for the first time from another unreal 5.3 project, with no errors during validation.

It can’t run sessions, it’s more like a back up for you and your team to be able to work on same project, I thought maybe that could help which turn out to be wrong… there is also someone else having same issue in this post:

Also if you did what the staff asked can you tag him to check on this issue again?

1 Like

I got this massage during a launch session attempt, after revision control, no idea what it mean unfortunately.