Foliage completely disappearing at specific height

Hey,
I have yet another problem. This is my scene and simultaniously my problem (Unlit; but occurs lit at cinematic scalability too):

How tf do I fix this? Close-up shots work normally, but when I try to make far shots every single piece foliage just disappears. Please help!

(I just imported foliage and painted on this landscape; no major settings changed)

Try the console command

foliage.DisableCull 1

I have no idea why this is happening…

1 Like

I already tried that and unfortunately doesn’t work. It did something, but not really what I was expecting: now there’s a height where all these trees disappear and when I go further up the trees reappear. But it also doesn’t look like culling (because everything disappears at once).

After I restart the engine, the height from which these pieces disappear just changed somehow.

Another thing I discovered was: when I set the preview screen percentage down the height increases, so the lower the resolution, the more I can fly up.

I think it may have something to do with memory issues (bc that’s a lot of trees + there’s some grass somewhere in the middle too); but I don’t get any warnings at lit low scalability.

Oh, I may have just fixed it; at least it works now (don’t do this for games, but for cinematics I don’t care about performance): After foliage.DisableCulling 1 (idk, if this actually did anything for my issue, but it’s always good for a cinemtic to disable culling) I increased r.Nanite.MaxNodes and this seems to have fixed the issue I’ve encountered.

My guess is that Nanite tries to draw too many triangles at one spot when being far away and it just overflows or something; when being closer all those triangles are more or less all spread across the screen.

1 Like

Sounds like you’ve got it :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.