First Person Device Feedback Thread

First Person Device is now available as an Experimental feature in UEFN

We release tools as Experimental to give you the chance to try out new functionality that is still under development. This allows you to try out new features and helps us improve them based on your feedback.

Follow the links to learn more:

Documentation: https://dev.epicgames.com/documentation/fortnite-creative/using-first-person-mode-devices-in-fortnite-creative

If you have feedback, please post it in this thread. For issues and bugs, please post in the Issues and Bug Reporting forum. Thank you!

Hi iFlak,

Thank you for taking the time to forward the previous feedback regarding Vehicle Mods and Boss Cars from Chapter 5 Season 3 into Fortnite Creative. I wanted to check in and see if there’s been any development on these features or if additional feedback from the community would help push this request further along.

These features continue to have strong support from the community, and I’ve seen positive responses on other platforms, including Discord and Reddit. I believe these features would greatly enhance the creative mode experience, particularly for custom games and racing modes.

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can do to support this initiative.(Here are the photos of the vehicle mods and Boss Cars)

Best regards,

I cannot acces to the First Person Document I get the following message:
Error loading documentCould not find document with path en-us/fortnite-creative/using-first-person-mode-devices-in-fortnite-creative

I would really like to see these become available in UEFN (vehicle upgrades/mods)
Also wondering what else could be added as Vehicle Mods, Mario Kart was always such a popular game there are many like this so to have the option to make maps with vehicle combat would always be a positive.

Vehicles can pick up ammunition by driving over it if a 2nd player wanted to fire guns from the passenger seat & also those boxes for Mods were an excellent idea, would also be good to have a random one so you don’t know what you are going to get.

An option to drop proximity mines or drop some ice would also be a lot of fun and an invincibility & invisibility box would be cool.
The dirt bikes are currently gone from BR was hoping they might get some kind of upgrades sometime.

Quads have become difficult to drive (or I find them that way but feel they never used to be as bad as this) would also love a Jetski as the boats feel sluggish and a little numb + they can be difficult to steer at speed.

One other thing missing is a way to teleport in a vehicle, Halo has this and it’s a sweet mechanic especially when you teleport at speed, in BR we can hit a rift in a vehicle so the player can teleport in them (I have not tried to use a rift in a creative map unsure what control we get for the destination on exiting but the ability to teleport in any vehicle would be excellent)

1 Like

same

It does not mention at this point if vehicles will stay 3rd person view or if we will get to drive in 1st person (unless I missed that)

Just tried all the vehicles, hover and surf board, tried passenger seats even on the battle bus and plane / helicopter etc - every view driving or as a passenger shooting with the gun are 3rd person at this point (it’s not a problem but hoped we could get clarification if it is staying that way or if driving 1st person will come)

I tried the D-Launchers and the Crash Pad / Air Vent & Bouncer Gallery and all work in 1st person even when shooting guns

Heavy and Mounted Turret are 3rd Person, the Cannon was 1st person I could shoot in the air after firing from that

Grind Rail and Vines are 3rd person even when shooting.
Ziplines work in 1st person we can shoot while on those in that view

Sliding works we can see the characters legs when sliding

Granto goes through the animations here

Howtooboss also mentions 1st person here

Played around with maybe 6 or 7 guns, several were nice using the back sites, Cerebus Gatekeeper Shotgun & Marksman Six Shooter stood out for me from the ones I tried, those seemed good.
Liked the way aiming the thumb reloads 1 at a time but not aimed the opposite hand fires off 6 shots - looking forward to seeing all the complete animations with this mode it was the reason I came to UEFN on day one as there was talk of 1st person view, been making maps since 2005 for 1st person shooters

The link is working now for the documents