Error : Landscape : 64 actors with physical Materials need to be rebuilt

Hello i’m with Unreal Engine 5.3.0 and i make a new OpenWorld level and at my screen i see the Message “Landscape : 64 actors with physical Materials need to be rebuilt” someone can tell me how to fix it please ^^

1 Like

Same as:

Try this:
Build > Build All Landscape

2 Likes

I do not have the option “Build All Landscape” but “Build Landscape”, please help

8 Likes

If you’re are having the exact same message as this one

then I guess you should use: Build > Build Physical Material Only

Have you tried it?

By the way, these are not real errors.

Some data cannot be rebuild automatically each time u change it (e.g. Static Shadows) coz this would slow down the Editor really badly. That’s why you need to rebuild it manually.

In such cases, if you’re getting one of ... NEEDS TO BE REBUILD messages, don’t panic, it’s perfectly fine. After the editing is done, just try looking for the appropriate option under Build tab and click it.

Hope, this helps :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks for your help pal. I am just a beginner and started learning Unreal a few days ago.

2 Likes

New user here too, I found if I press Play and then exit out the message goes away.

26 Likes

Thanks for the insight folks, I’m a new user here too and a quick google brought this thread up. Appreciate it!

2 Likes

any solution i tried build material and build lanscape , it doesnt fix it

3 Likes

I also have the same problem. I was following an online tutorial and there was supposed to be tables and chairs (I checked the Starter content when creating it). I dont have the table or chairs which i presume is related to the error? I tried “Build Landscape” and “Build Physical Material Only”

Total Noob, started a few hours ago and saw this error come up… and now I’m here :stuck_out_tongue:

But, as dzemzmcdonalda has said… They don’t seem to be critical errors.

I’ve found that the warning message disappears if you turn off SHOW STATS in the Viewport Burger Dropdown Menu, on the top left corner of the Viewport next to Perspective.

I don’t know if ignoring this is good or bad at the moment though, but at least the annoying message goes away so I can return to a blissfully ignorant state for now :slight_smile:

1 Like

This fixed it for me.

I also manually forced a rebuild of several aspects before trying this, so Idk if rebuilding was or wasn’t required for this to resolve.

1 Like

Yeah, my tutorial led me to expect the table & chairs, too, but it (the tutorial) is based on 5.01, and I downloaded 5.3 ('cause, why go back?). I just figured the built-in content evolved with each release? Great to have fellow learners to share difficulties with!

Exactly in most cases i don’t bother with this message, it’s just telling you what you already know, handy for when you forget and need to make the final change then finalise the setting.

Somebody new to the editors features would probably think something was broken and required fixing every time you make an adjustment.
Plenty of annoying messages, most there to remind you or give you a tip how to fix it which can be handy.

1 Like

Hey i dont know why my viewpont cant zoom in, do you know if this is normal. i just started using unreal today

1 Like

This is exactly what I am facing too. As per this post, I tried to press play and exited and now I am back to ground level and the error is also gone.

2 Likes

卧槽,你说得对,真是一个绝妙的方法,解决问题的最好办法就是无视问题

Just clic on camera icon with a 3 number at top right corner and adjust it. This controls the camera speed to travel around the scene.
The maximum value es 32 but if you need more speed you can multiply adjusting the second parameter.
You can try to put a shape at the place where you want to go and press F (focus).
Enjoy this mega world called Unreal Engine :slight_smile:
Finally, sorry about any misspelling, english is not my first language :frowning:

Because you gold the right mouse buttton and use WASD to move around as appose to “zooming in”

Hi Garud… Had the same problem, and Wow your post helped remove the Error_Landscape… message. I guess for some reason it rebuilds anything it needs to run correctly. Thank you!

1 Like