Engine artifacting with new AMD gpu

I’m getting some bizarre artifacting in the editor. Ive had a number of small issues since switching to an AMD gpu months ago (biggest issue being stuttering when I have a video on my second monitor), but this issue started a few days ago. You can see the artifacting in the linked video (too big to upload).

Editor version is 4.27.2. I ran a full verification on the editor install. The issue happens even after a restart of the editor or pc. AMD driver version is up to date.

Although your engine version is different, I think you might be experiencing a different expression of this issue:

Especially considering the timing being when you mouse-over editor elements like blueprint nodes, as this is the same timing when the issue occurred for me when I was using the latest AMD drivers. And I think I might have noticed similar corruption on the screen, although it ultimately caused full system lock-ups for me.

The only effective workaround I have found is to install this old AMD driver from 2021 as mentioned in a different post. There might be a different driver version that also works, but this is the only one that has been confirmed as far as I know. So I am curious if this driver fixes your issue - if not, then it might be a different problem.

1 Like

It is possible that the issue is caused by a driver conflict or a defective GPU. You may want to try rolling back the driver version to see if it fixes the problem. Additionally, you could try reinstalling the graphics driver, or updating it to the latest version. If none of these solutions work, you may have to consider replacing your GPU.

The old driver version worked beautifully. Even fixed the stuttering issues so I can finally put a tutorial on my second monitor again! I appreciate the help.

1 Like