Does anyone know why my Nanite Version of the model looks worse than the High Version?

Left is NaniteVersion
Right is High Version

Greetings kliflin!

We see that this is your first time posting in our forums! :medal_sports: We gladly welcome you to the Unreal Engine community! Although I will not pretend to know exactly what is going on with the Nanite v High Version of the models, I do want to thank you for posting your question. Until someone with a higher level of expertise responds, I do want you to know that you are not alone here, and we’re very excited to have you as a member of our growing community! Happy Creating and Good Luck on your project!

1 Like

Hi kliflin!
I was trying to find out what the issue was so i downloaded the exact asset you were using.
And it all seemed fine, i thought maybe it was something with the cinecamera actor distance so it only showed the proxy mesh.
But then on the top left i noticed the apple mac icon from your desktop.
I believe that currently only Windows and next gen consoles are supported for lumen and nanite.
That might be the issue here?

Thanks for reply.
I dont think its related to camera actor because the problem still there if i remove it.
then i try to download different model with Nanite and High Version to compare. They have the same problem. So I think it’s related to mac OS? Or graphic card?

Which graphic card are you using?

It is probably mac.

If GPU was the problem, your normal rendering might also come bad.

Screenshot 2021-12-28 at 6.28.27 PM

Here is my configuration

Your config is good enough. It is probably mac not ready for nanites.

Yes, Currently Nanite and Lumen are not mac supported.