Disconnecting from all sessions (including Edit Sessions) after secondary account for testing was banned

Summary

On September 5th I was in UEFN with my primary account “LocutusFN” on my 1st PC while I was also in live version of the same map with my secondary account “locutusfn1” on my 2nd PC I’m using for testing. That 2nd account was banned for 24h for “Exploiting”. And since then my primary account is getting disconnected from all lobbies including Edit Sessions, so I can’t continue to work. I tried to change my internet connection to a mobile service, so I had different IP, but it had no effect on the issue.

Few hours later that 24h ban for secondary account was changed to 365 days because of “Cheating” (I don’t even know how to cheat in Fortnite). And because it also affects my primary account, if this continued for a whole year, it would end everything I’ve learned and created step by step in UEFN over the past 2,5 years :slightly_frowning_face:

I tried ticket with player support, but I just got a template response that it was not an error and that there is nothing they can do about it. I mentioned it on X where I tagged @FNCreate, but so far I got no response.

I searched for info what could cause this and the only possible explanation is the fact that I was sometimes playing regular BR modes on that secondary account, typically while I was waiting to launch or to update Edit Session running on my primary account. If this is really the reason, then I’m sorry, but I didn’t know it could cause issues. That secondary account may remain banned - I would create new one that I would use only for testing my maps for multiplayer functions and I would never play regular BR modes with it no matter what. But I need to resolve disconnecting from all lobbies for my primary account that I’m using for work in UEFN - it’s not banned, I’m also able to launch and play any map with it on a mobile phone, but it’s being disconnected from all lobbies on my primary PC that I’m using for UEFN.

My creator profile is “Locutus”: https://www.fortnite.com/@locutus

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Matchmaking

Steps to Reproduce

Launch a session for any map on my primary PC

Expected Result

It starts and I’m able to play

Observed Result

It starts, but I’m disconnected after few seconds (even from Edit Sessions) with a message: “You were removed from the match due to internet lag, your IP or machine, VPN usage, or for cheating. We recommend not utilizing VPN or proxy services while attempting to play Fortnite.”

Platform(s)

PC, Windows 11, UEFN 41.10

i have the same thing happening to me but havent gotten banned yet, when i join any creative/battleroyale it shows me the same error:
“You were removed from the match due to internet lag, your IP or machine, VPN usage, or for cheating. We recommend not utilizing VPN or proxy services while attempting to play Fortnite.”

BUT it only happens on PC but i can normally play on XBOX on the same account in the same house on the same WIFI

and when i contacted support they just told me:

“Kindly know that this ban cannot be overturned”

Iam NOT banned, like what?

@locutus - Could you try creator support/sanctions and appeals instead of player support?

https://www.epicgames.com/help/en-US/creator-programs-c-202300000001640
https://safety.epicgames.com/en-US/sanctions-and-appeals

Thanks for your reply. I requested appeal on the first day it happened on September 5, but it still shows “Appeal in review” after 9 days.

So far I tried only player support (first it was via email ticket, then I had a chat yesterday, but I was being told only general informations about these restrictions, even though it was stated that there was a human on the other side).

Now I see that page https://www.epicgames.com/help/contact-us shows also options to specify what I need help with based on the language set in the top right corner. Previously, I could only launch a new chat, but after changing the language, I see additional options to choose from, including creator support. I will use it and get back to this thread with the results.

I also sent you a DM on Discord on September 6, but because we aren’t connected as friends there, you probably didn’t see it.

I used that form for a support where I selected as a product “Programs for creators and developers”, but after just 7 minutes I received another template response that it was not an error.

hey, have u gotten new replies about your issues? asking beacouse i have the same issue and they closed the ticket with no replies to my questions.

No. They just don’t care if you don’t have big enough audience already on your own.

Hello Flak,

It’s already 12 days since it happened and I can’t play any map on my main PC or continue working on my maps in UEFN, because I’m being disconnected from all lobbies including Edit Sessions.

And my request for appeal still shows after 12 days “Appeal in review”.

Can you please help me? I spent 2.5 years by creating Fortnite maps in an honest way and I never used any exploits or cheats, so while I don’t know what triggered this situation, I would expect some help in resolving it when automatic methods are useless. This is serious when I already spent so much time in your ecosystem by learning UEFN & Verse and building projects. So I don’t understand why I’m now treated as if I didn’t exist at all after all of that.

This same problem has been happening to me for 4 months now I keep getting temporarily banned for 24hrs but did nothing does anybody know the issue?

My appeal review was completed yesterday and as a result “A Fortnite Cheating Ban” sanction was lifted, so I can continue working and testing my maps again.

I don’t have any details about what triggered it in the first place, but I just wanted to wrap this up.

im currently having the same issue but instead of getting banned and having a sanction on my account. i get temp banned for 24hrs and theres no sanction that would show up. this has been happening for about 5 months now and idk what to do

@Flak is their anything that can be done so i can start playing on my account again?