Creators need dedicated creator support

Please select what you are reporting on:

Creative

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Publishing

Summary

From my interactions with player support over the last three months I learned that the support team is not equiped with the right tools and knowledge to help with creator issues.

We need a dedicated creator support and possibly help from epic devs.

Steps to Reproduce

Open a support ticket for a locked/hidden project that was locked in error or due to a bug

Wait 90+ days

Note: project is locked, no action was taken to unlock it

Expected Result

Trained support team member provides instructions and escalates the issue if they cannot resolve it themselves.

Observed Result

Project is still locked

[DEP] Backend dependency returned unexpected error errors.com.epicgames.content-service.project_locked | correlationId: 9fa43f45-35ba-4f03-a794-253c24566811 SentryEventId=9814adca8feb4ea9a58ba3a2269b64cf

Platform(s)

Windows

Additional Notes

I received instructions to duplicate my map. However duplicating projects presents new problems for creators:

1. We have to promote the new code, all references and promotion materials published on the internet lead to invalid code.
  2. Players who saved the map as favorite or who are trying to access it from their recent plays will get errors.
  3. Map is not available for months and creators cannot access it in the uefn editor and essentially cannot update it or duplicate it.
  4. It takes a lot of time to rebuild maps.
  5. Such failed maps take up space and create clutter.

I wish there were other options or steps taken to resolve the root issue

Sucks how so many important posts like this are just swept under the rug for some reason, like nobody interacts with them

UCB-1235 incident has been created. Status is ‘Awaiting Validation’.