Character Creator

true - can just set it all no animation and have a UE standard pose … add your own animation … i like it.

Review on this i would say keep the standard A pose and let ppl figure out their own animations. The pose looks solid and the hands are perfect in place. Means the standard animation is what people are “complaining about” with the fist-hands.

Kia ora

Forgive me, BUT whilest it’s all fine and dandy for Studios with resources flow out here ears and people with lost of money to throw round there are some out there that would dearly like a finished product with a use able character and not have to spend extra hours and resource to animate their char. he not going to please all the people all the time but I believe he’s try for the majority even if thats not in YOUR plan. I for one would like a finished product and IMHO a finished char has basic movement animations at least

As an add thought a lot of us buy these products to learn from, you can learn from what missing

I for one strongly vote to just make sure it is rigged properly to Epic Skeleton and then skip animations totally.

Anyone can get all basic animations with good quality from the Market already. There are tons of them, even mocap quality. But a proper Character project are way fewer and this one is the contender to be the absolute top 1 in that category. Getting original model files is a must for serious development and construction of custom clothing/armor etc.

Keep the good work up!

This is not an animations pack guys…I don’t care if they have any animations as long as I can use it to build characters which is what it’s meant for. To be completely honest though at this point I’d just like to finally get to use the **** thing as I was one of the original buyers and have yet to get a build That works properly. Just a little side note to other marketplace content creators, If you are going to make characters or especially a character creator. PLEASE make a MALE and FEMALE version to begin with because I’d say at least 8 times out of 10 whoever is going to use your characters wants both genders.

I saw the 4.18 update, got exciting thinking you were done with the female but she isn’t in there yet. How’s the female coming along since your last update?

Actually the female is included in that update :wink: But just the skeletal mesh. I didn’t include the actual Blueprint update to make it selectable. It serves as a sneak preview - sort of. So you guys can already take a look at if you want.

There are still some things left to do before the female can be properly integrated, though. Some cloth and a hairstyle is still missing. But things are on the way :slight_smile: I did find a new artist who is producing the needed assets at the moment.

A Little preview of the shirt and the pants:

What do you think?

Really you should answer basic questions, like:

1. can we make own cloths, props in Maya,Zbrush or etc as skeletal mesh? This is most important for every project like RPG for example. Without possibly to make own cloths this project missing the point really…
  2. including the source files connected with point 1 ?

Before this i really dont get why would ppl buy it ??

Yes, you can. It has been asked and answered multiple times. You would need to model them in an external program, them bring them into UE4.

Source files will be included as FBX and Maya LT files.

Awesome. Can’t wait.

Thanks. We’ll work as fast as we can to finally deliver on our promise of the female character!

And here’s another WIP shot:

ss (2017-11-15 at 08.46.09).jpg

I found it :D. The screenshots you shared of your female clothed look great. Look forward to the next update.

I have two issues after integrating the character into my project. Maybe you can help point in the correct direction or someone else reading this dealt with a similar situation?

1. Ragdoll on death or simulate physics warp the character and fling it around.
  2. Kubold anims warp the character a little bit. Here’s a rifle idle animation and you can see the wrist is really warped.

The two are most likely related but appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks!

This looks like a retargeting issue. Can you take a screenshot of your retargeting options when you open the Skeleton asset? You need to enable “Show Retargeting Options”. This screen is what I mean:

retargeting.PNG.jpg

Also, which version are you using?

I’m using 4.18 as my version.

I tried translation retargeting all to “animation” to test but got the same results. If you need the full list, let me know. Retargetsettings.JPG

Small update, hair is now being modeled:

ss (2017-11-19 at 06.37.33).jpg

@order66 have you maybe an roadmap of what feature you are planning to add in the future?

And about female Support really nice work :slight_smile:

There’s no public roadmap at the moment.

I try to communicate in here what features are planned etc. However, if you guys really want a roadmap I can set one up on Trello.

Another WIP shot:

ss (2017-11-20 at 04.19.27).jpg

i am so puuumped !!!