Call unknown Function Error ! (aqProf.dll related and selffixed)

Yesterday, VaRest plugin downloaded from the marketplace stopped working from day to day.

I took to checking what is the reason and I came across a very strange error related to blueprints.

For simplicity, let me add that first I checked the obvious possibilities of errors, reinstalled the engine, played VS files, cleaned the project folders.

Did not help.

In addition, I want to point out that the plugin has been in unchanged form for many months. Neither the plugin nor the engine had any problems until yesterday.

The error was not preceded by updating the engine or plugin.
Furthermore. the project code was not edited.
I went to sleep with a working project. I got up in the morning and everything was red.

Since yesterday, the error appears in every project using this plugin. and I have grounds to believe that this is not a fault of the plugin. Why?

Because:

All newly installed plugins have the same error in all projects

And it appears in random conditions.
Blueprint in which this error occurs for the first time will repeat this error until the end of its existence.

Interestingly. When in the blueprints displaying the “Call unknown Function” errors, we will remove these classes and write the structure again. Everything works until you re-open the project or try to compile in shipping mode.

It looks as if the blueprint did not know the class names of the plugin when it was loaded into the editor. Or wrote them with typos.

All classes have an Call unknown Function error

Problems appears in UMG and Normal actor blueprints.
Engine Version 4.18.3

I totally dont know hat to do. please help

2 Likes

Update.

Asset action > reload called on broken blueprint, fix all errors in editor untill restart of the editor.

But the editor version of game works correctly till i try to packange it or i restart editor.
Any idea what is happening?

I have a few suggestions:

-first delete saved and intermediate folders, rebuild the vs files and set ur project as the main project(inside vs, rightclick ur game and then set as startup something i can remember the exact name)

-if that doesn’t work, check your build.cs and make sure all the modules for the plugins are being called.

-last but not least check your .ini files for any variable that might be blocking the loading of blueprints or plugins.

Thanks for Your answer but like i say:
“For simplicity, let me add that first I checked the obvious possibilities of errors, reinstalled the engine, played VS files, cleaned the project folders.”

So problem still exist.

Also. there is no problem with loading plugin itself. Plugins load correctly, because they works in editor. I think theyre loaded too late after BP compiles, but i dont have idea how to fix it.

Like i say when i Reload BP asset all plugin classes works fine. 0 errors. But all fails after restart editor or packange atempt.

i’ve checked carefully logs. The one difference in logs before and after bug is this:

LogWindows: Failed to load ‘aqProf.dll’ (GetLastError=126)
LogWindows: File ‘aqProf.dll’ does not exist
LogWindows: Failed to load ‘VtuneApi.dll’ (GetLastError=126)
LogWindows: File ‘VtuneApi.dll’ does not exist
LogWindows: Failed to load ‘VtuneApi32e.dll’ (GetLastError=126)
LogWindows: File ‘VtuneApi32e.dll’ does not exist

I gogled it and that are fortnite related bugs but in logs before my problem i dont have that entries.
Any idea what is hapening?

Ok i fix that ■■■■.

the reason for the problem was a brothel in the engine files.
After and check my logs and found that entries.

LogWindows: Failed to load 'aqProf.dll' (GetLastError=126)
LogWindows: File 'aqProf.dll' does not exist
LogWindows: Failed to load 'VtuneApi.dll' (GetLastError=126)
LogWindows: File 'VtuneApi.dll' does not exist
LogWindows: Failed to load 'VtuneApi32e.dll' (GetLastError=126)
LogWindows: File 'VtuneApi32e.dll' does not exist

I searched the internet to solve the problem and of course I did not find anything interesting, But some dude someday was facing problem with advanced rendering lights and his engine after that starts to drop libriaries.

Someone else advice him to Clear folder located here :

C:/Users/{system username}/AppData/Local/UnrealEngine

(Without any spaces, find folder exactly like i wrote)

Then i delete all contents of this folder. and rebuild VS files.

TaaaDaaaa! All works great right now.
I hope that my solution will be helpful to all who will face a similar problem in the future.

1 Like

I searched the internet to solve the problem and of course I did not find anything interesting, But some dude someday was facing problem with advanced rendering lights and his engine after that starts to drop libriaries.

Someone else advice him to Clear folder located here :

C:/Users/{system username}/AppData/Local/UnrealEngine

(Without any spaces, find folder exactly like i wrote)

Then i delete all contents of this folder. and rebuild VS files.

TaaaDaaaa! All works great right now. I hope that my solution will be helpful to all who will face a similar problem in the future.

I had this problem and i managed to solve it. Yesterday everything was fine and today it just crashed when I tried to open the project. I removed folders one at a time untill i found which was causing the crash, for me it was the standard 1st and 3rd person folders including their blueprint folders. Hope this helps you!

Another error log if that helps, tried the above fix and it didn’t work for me.

Thanks

link text

Did you fix your issue ,if so what resolved it ? :))

How to you rebuild vs files ?

1 Like

bro pls help.
how to rebuid vs files.
what is vs file?

Its most probably a video card driver issue, reinstall, all drivers

If the engine initializes 70% and returns the starter
You can try deleting X:\UE_4.23\Engine\Plugins\UnrealEnginePythonFolder.
Hope it will be helpful to you:)

Thanks! It worked for me.

I try all the method that you guys mentioned except last one, where is “\UnrealEnginePython” Folder? My Engine is 4.23.1 build from source but I didn’t find that folder you mentioned, my problem is that when I try to save a actor called BeaconManager, it crashed with pic and in the crash log is same error with you guys, can anyone help me plz?

293674-1.png

You have to reinstall your video driver and update windows

Perfect - Works instantly! Thank you so much!!!

Thank you so much!

Thank you!!!