Unreal 5 Build crash aqProf.dll VtuneApi.dll

Thanks for the help and just to add I got this error and managed to fix it: I hope some of the below helps.

I would recommend only doing one of these steps at a time and then repackage - as I am not completely sure which one it was, but I think it was related to metahuman plugin.

Also (if not done so already) make a back-up of your project before you do the below:

1. I had another error in the log that I found out was in relation to the metahuman plugin. So, I deactivated the metahuman plugin (they do still work - but you don’t get the advanced animation features, Of course, if you don’t have this plugin activated skip this step).

2. I deleted the files in the Unreal 5.2 (my version I was using) folder in the C:/Users/{system username}/AppData/Local/UnrealEngine

(As noted in this post Although I didn’t actually rebuild afterwards though at this step: Call unknown Function Error ! (aqProf.dll related and selffixed) - #5 by EatVege-tarians)

1. Deleted Folders: saved, intermediate and config.
    Please note - Deleting config files can alter many settings, so keep a backup if you do this as you will need to configure them again if you changed anything in any of the config files.

2. Deleted Binary folder:
    You will likely get a warning project needs to be rebuilt, but if you load project it should do this automatically and you have to wait some time without any notice it’s building. Again, keep this folder backed up in-case the project doesn’t work after you do this step.

1 Like