Branch 4.27

Get Error compiling from source UE 4.27 C++ 2017 any ideas how to fix this? Has anyone managed to compile this build?

G :\UnrealEngine->G:\UnrealEngine-4.27\Engine\Source\ThirdParty\Windows\DirectX\include\d3d12.h(430): error C4668: ‘WINAPI_PARTITION_GAMES’ is not defined as a preprocessor macro, replacing with ‘0’ for ‘#if/#elif’\Engine\Source\ThirdParty\Windows\DirectX\include\d3d12.h(430): error C4668: ‘WINAPI_PARTITION_GAMES’ is not defined as a preprocessor macro, replacing with ‘0’ for ‘#if/#elif

2 Likes

Same issue

I commented out the WINAPI_PARTITION_GAMES portion and was able to compile and run it. Using just the first part and adding a closed parenthesis and then /* | WINAPI_PARTITION_GAMES ) */

1 Like

Same issue! Thanks @scottunreal

Now working.
Where do you find a list of any changes between the latest github source and the official Epic Games launcher release?

Able to build the latest 4.27 branch without editing - when using VS 2019.

Pulled the 4.27 final release and I’m getting this error as well.
\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\ThirdParty\Windows\DirectX\include\d3d12.h(427): error C4668: 'WINAPI_PARTITION_GAMES' is not defined as a preprocessor macro, replacing with '0' for '#if/#elif'

Even did a fresh install as I didn’t have any engine customization on my end.

But like scottunreal mentions; WINAPI_PARTITION_GAMES seems to not be defined anywhere, causing the engine to not build.

So yeah, commenting it out seems the only workaround on our end. Feels like something should be done up the chain though.

Getting this too, even after reporting it early in beta…

Am getting these errors and I grabbed 4.27-release today:

29>D:/UnrealEngine/Engine/Source/Programs/HeadlessChaos/Private/HeadlessChaosTestPhysicsScene.cpp(1377): error C2664: ‘void FChaosEngineInterface::CreateActor(const FActorCreationParams &,FPhysicsActorHandle &)’: cannot convert argument 2 from ‘Chaos::TGeometryParticle<float,3> *’ to ‘FPhysicsActorHandle &’
29>D:/UnrealEngine/Engine/Source/Programs/HeadlessChaos/Private/HeadlessChaosTestPhysicsScene.cpp(1395): error C2664: ‘void FChaosScene::AddActorsToScene_AssumesLocked(TArray<FSingleParticlePhysicsProxy *,FDefaultAllocator> &,const bool)’: cannot convert argument 1 from ‘TArray<Chaos::FGeometryParticle *,FDefaultAllocator>’ to ‘TArray<FSingleParticlePhysicsProxy *,FDefaultAllocator> &’

And these:
40>D:\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\Components/ActorComponent.h(375): error C3668: ‘UActorComponent::GetWorld’: method with override specifier ‘override’ did not override any base class methods
40>D:\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\Engine/Level.h(757): error C3668: ‘ULevel::GetWorld’: method with override specifier ‘override’ did not override any base class methods
40>D:\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\GameFramework/Actor.h(2912): error C3668: ‘AActor::GetWorld’: method with override specifier ‘override’ did not override any base class methods
40>D:\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Public\Subsystems/WorldSubsystem.h(24): error C3668: ‘UWorldSubsystem::GetWorld’: method with override specifier ‘override’ did not override any base class methods
40>D:\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\Engine/World.h(1650): error C2065: ‘FAsyncPreRegisterDDCRequest’: undeclared identifier
40>D:\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\Engine/World.h(1650): error C2923: ‘TSharedPtr’: ‘FAsyncPreRegisterDDCRequest’ is not a valid template type argument for parameter ‘ObjectType’
40>D:\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\Engine/World.h(1650): error C3203: ‘TSharedPtr’: unspecialized class template can’t be used as a template argument for template parameter ‘InElementType’, expected a real type
40>D:\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\Engine/World.h(2564): error C3668: ‘UWorld::GetWorld’: method with override specifier ‘override’ did not override any base class methods
40>D:\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Public\Physics/PhysicsInterfacePhysX.h(173): error C2504: ‘FChaosEngineInterface’: base class undefined
40>D:\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\Curves/CurveBase.h(82): error C3668: ‘UCurveBase::PostEditChangeProperty’: method with override specifier ‘override’ did not override any base class methods
40>D:\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\Sound/SoundEffectSource.h(62): error C3668: ‘USoundEffectSourcePresetChain::PostEditChangeProperty’: method with override specifier ‘override’ did not override any base class methods
40>D:\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\Animation/AnimNotifies/AnimNotify.h(94): error C3668: ‘UAnimNotify::GetWorld’: method with override specifier ‘override’ did not override any base class methods
40>D:\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\Animation/AnimInstance.h(1285): error C3668: ‘UAnimInstance::GetWorld’: method with override specifier ‘override’ did not override any base class methods
40>D:\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\Engine/NetDriver.h(1496): error C3668: ‘UNetDriver::GetWorld’: method with override specifier ‘override’ did not override any base class methods
40>D:\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\Engine/NetConnection.h(814): error C3668: ‘UNetConnection::GetWorld’: method with override specifier ‘override’ did not override any base class methods
40>D:\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\Engine/LocalPlayer.h(277): error C3668: ‘ULocalPlayer::GetWorld’: method with override specifier ‘override’ did not override any base class methods

4 Likes

Interesting, I have also the same issue with VS 2019 (16.11.1)
with

• branch release #8062 → 4.27.0 release
  • Development Editor - Win64 - Unrealbuildtool

In my memory, with 4.26 I had fix few issues thanks to

but now, it’s seems to be fixed by default.
Have you fix it?

Thanks,

Unfortunately not, I was hoping to get attention from Epic. :frowning:

in directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Include must have 10.0.18xxxxx or higher version folder(eg. 10.0.19xxxxx)

Yep, I am having the same problems. Cannot build Engine checked out as “Release” branch…
What’s funny is that today was supposed to be the release day of my game. Everything is done, just have to build Windows version of the game and upload to Steamworks…but no. I had to update my Engine version.:laughing:

Check this, I have found a solution that may very well apply to you as I had this error also included in the many others:
https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/1034296/building-ue-427-fails-due-to-missing-physx-headers.html

Unfortunately, that did not do the trick. Still same errors when building Engine from “Release” branch.

Output log: LOG_READER.log (33.6 KB)

Did you fully rebuild from scratch?
I my case after the updates and reboot and re-unziped the source and started from zero to make sure.
BTW, in my case I didn’t had d3d12.h issues.

You are also building as “Development_Program” it should be “development editor” if you are trying to build the Engine that is :slight_smile:
(I don’t use VS2019 too)

@pele90 Congratulations for releasing your game, what’s is the name of the game in steam

I am waiting for Valve to review my final build but it should be done soon. So next week the game should be out on Steam. The game is already released on Google Play. An in the end the name of the game is Secret Trouble. :grin:Thank you very much :beers:

Install higher version windows SDK,and then click Setup.bat again.

I’ve grabbed the latest 4.27, did the visual studio update as well as installed nugget packages, installed the latest win sdk. Nothing has worked. This branch is just broken, not sure how they are not catching this.

2 Likes

Arf, sorry to hear that.
That’s all I did.
I have to mention that I restarted from scratch: from the “unzip the source”

The doc mention that if you make changes to various sdk you have to “regenerate project files” this take care of dependencies.
Starting over is safer. (even if it takes a while). Rebooting after any SDK install is wiser too.

I don’t see other ways I fixed it though. (I did spent nearly 2 days trying to fix it… and did)

1 Like