Blueprint Assist Plugin

Hello fpwong,

I’m one of the creators of Iliad : ILIAD - Paint and draw on Unreal Engine - Beta version in Code Plugins - UE Marketplace
Usually creating my Brush Blueprints with the help of Blueprint Assist and AutoSize Comment.
So far so good :slight_smile:

However, it seems there is a conflict between our plugins, especially when someone wants to paint in the Viewport, using Iliad :

error_report.txt (8.7 KB)
(everything called Odyssey here is related to Iliad)

Here are the steps to reproduce :
1- install Iliad from the marketplace and create a new project
2- add a cube in the viewport
3- create a new texture in the content-browser (right click > Iliad > Texture)
4- drag’n drop the texture on the cube
5- select “Iliad mode” at the bottom of the screen
6- try to paint on the cube (also crash when you paint with a mouse)

The first lines of the crash report are “Blueprint Assist ToolBar” related.
Can you let me know more about whats going on ?
There might be a problem on our side too as we have also a toolbar in Iliad. Maybe some kind of conflict.

Hi @Praxinos_Fabrice, had a look at the crash log and I do remember writing this piece of code thinking it might be dangerous. Had another look and was able to replicate the crash with a different in built asset editor. I’ll try to fix this soon.

Thanks a lot !

Hi there @fpwong ,

The plugin does not format the best in Behaviour Tree.
Step 1 - add nodes and format - https://i.imgur.com/4Lj8aUD.png
Step 2 - move nodes around - https://i.imgur.com/LvgyJse.png
Step 3 - format - https://i.imgur.com/tdnpjB2.png
I think that opening and closing BP tree fixes it, but that is not really a fix :frowning: .

I am also looking forward to Praxinos fix since I would like to use it in my project.

Thanks!
I love the plugin so far!

Hi @tigerija1, I believe this issue can be fixed by refreshing node size, you can select the nodes and press CTRL + SHIFT + R. You can read more about why this happens here: FAQ · fpwong/BlueprintAssistWiki Wiki · GitHub

The plugin should detect these size changes before you format and refresh automatically. But I think it isn’t reading behavior tree nodes properly, I’ll look into this.

As for the new update, it is 99% ready. I hope to submit it within the week as long as I don’t find any more bugs.

1 Like

@Praxinos_Fabrice @tigerija1 This has been fixed in the latest update, 4.0.0

2 Likes

As far as our users tried, it’s now working ! Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi! I just started using BlueprintAssist and am loving it, but I have this viewport move upon adding a new node

Animation

I’ve noticed the same happens upon refreshing node sizes with ctrl+shift+r. any idea why it happens and how to fix it?

@Little_Boy Hi, to accurately detect the size of nodes, the plugin has to zoom in the viewport for 1 tick.

The size is required pre-formatting, in this case when you make a new node the plugin auto-formats it and this causes this short flash from zooming in.

A workaround for this could be to turn auto-formatting off. But you will instead see the flash when you manually format the node.

Hi! I Updated the plugin a few days ago (UE 4.27 and 5.03)

Is group SHIFT DRAGGING gone!?

cant find in options anymore :frowning:

Hi @eldany.uy. This setting has been renamed to Group Movement Chords, by default it should be bound to Left Shift.

Hi @fpwong Thanks for reply! Thanks god this feature still there :slight_smile:

Is there any hotkey for going to a selected node?

e.g when i have a node selected:

i might be able to press Enter to open a function or go to event?

Hi @BIGTIMEMASTER, the engine has a command for this called Go To Definition which is bound to Alt + G by default.

1 Like

ah, perfect, thanks.
I had seen that but assumed it was just for opening c++ source files. Sorry to trouble you!

Hi!
I hope add a function.
For example the nodes in blender or houdini. They can input the capital letter of the list. Don’t need to input all the words. It’s very useful.
Thanks!
NodeExample

Hi @fpwong :slight_smile:

I can see the 5.1 version is available, but when I click ‘add to engine’ in the launcher, nothing happens :frowning:

Is there anywhere I can get the premade from?

@ClockworkOcean Hi yea I’m not sure what’s going on here, hopefully should be fixed within a couple days. Send me an email funcpwong@gmail.com and I’ll send you a link.

EDIT: On second thought, I think it might be delayed for quite some time (maybe a week?), so feel free for anyone else to send me an email for the update.

EDIT2: The plugin should install properly for 5.1 now

I don’t know if something changed but I noticed the convert get/set stopped working for me in 5.1

It was just because I was trying it in a UMG widget class and “WidgetBlueprintEditor” was missing from the SupportedAssetEditors list, so adding it to the list in the settings fixes the issue. Just thought i’d mention.

Some other thing I thought I would just mention for feedback, I don’t think undo works properly for some actions, I don’t have an exhaustive list or anything but I noticed it when using the Additional Drag Nodes Chords

Hi @kvickerz, thanks for letting me know about these bugs. I’ll add the WidgetBlueprintEditor in the next update.

Seems like the undo logic I had implemented for Additional Drag Chords and the Group Drag Chords wasn’t working. I’ll look into fixing this too.

1 Like