Download

Blueprint Assist Plugin

LINKS: Marketplace | Wiki

This plugin provides automatic formatting and mouse-free node editing when working with blueprints.

As someone who has been using blueprints for the past 2-3 years, I started creating this plugin with two goals in mind:

1. Save developers hundreds of hours otherwise spent aligning, positioning and straightening blueprint nodes
  2. Quality of life keyboard shortcuts which avoid tedious mouse usage (constant disconnecting and reconnecting)

And so the plugin includes these 3 major features:

1. Automatic node formatting: A command to format nodes into nice readable, aligned form. Including a format all symbols command.
  2. Mouse-free blueprint controls: Keyboard shortcuts for node navigation, creation and linking
  3. Useful commands: Link Nodes Between Wires, Replace node with, Disconnect execution, and more

For more animated examples, check out this page of the wiki

Example of mouse-less blueprint creation

Example of the formatting feature

The Blueprint Assist plugin has very simple support for comment boxes. I suggest you download my other free plugin, AutoSizeComments. It forces your comment boxes to snap to contained nodes and adds support for color presets.

Here is the very bad stuff, Switch node is really can not work well!

Before I format it:

After I format it:

My suggestion is that these exec lines can be pulled longer to avoid a lot of crossover. Now the white exec line will cross a lot on the switch node and the sequence node. This type blueprint is can not to read it. Then I can only manually adjust these stuff when I work.

Today, I am messy by auto format again. Man, maybe you want to take a look at this:

Maybe you want to take a look at this.

It stops here and says node out of the window every time.

Large update today, check out version 3.0! The changelog for updates will be posted on the wiki from now on.