Asset Validation Issues

We are aware that you are experiencing asset validation issues where your project will not upload and launch as you expect. When this occurs if you open the Message log you will see the validation errors. These validation issues looks like:

LogValkyrieValidation: Error: [16] Found disallowed object type /CRD_PlayerSpawn/Materials/M_EnemyRangeVisualization.M_EnemeyRangeVisualization
LogValkyrieValidation: Error: [16] Found disallowed object type /Game/Creative/Devices/Common/Audio/AudioPlayer_Unit_Sphere_14segs.AudioPlayer_Unit_Sphere_14segs
LogValkyrieValidation: Error: [16] Found disallowed object type /Game/Creative/Devices/Common/Audio/Materials/M_AudioPlayer_Attenuation_Min.M_AudioPlayer_Attenuation_Min
LogValkyrieSummary: Project MyProjectD failed to update

Some of these validation errors are false positives and occur when changing properties on supported Devices. The validation errors sometimes occur on included creative assets or assets that comply with validation rules.

The output log will give you two vital pieces of information to help you find the offending actors. First, it will give you a list of all files that have invalid content in them (either an actor or asset). Then, it will give you the name of the invalid content (an asset type, class, or Fortnite asset). If the log shows you gibberish for the asset name, such as Content/S3/UT/I083BZ4FFN2.uasset, all you need to do is paste the I083BZ4FFN2 string into the Outlinerā€™s search box to see what actor is causing problems.

Once you find the actor, there are a few ways to resolve its validation issues:.

1. Delete the offending actors that are indicted in the output log.
  2. If the offending object is a device, you can revert some of the device settings until the project validates correctly.
  3. Wait until a future release where we can resolve the validation issue

These issues are being looked into actively. Please report any validation issues you encounter and we will look into them. In a future release we are adding more reporting analytics that will enable us to catch validation errors.

What are validation errors?

• Content Validation serves two purposes:
    • It is a declaration from Epic that any projects that pass validation will continue to work without requiring updates from creators, even as new versions of Fortnite are released.
    • It provides a necessary layer of security to ensure that malicious users canā€™t take advantage of potential vulnerabilities.

It was working and then I ran into this issue. Why is this happening?

1. An asset picker property was updated and now points to a disallowed Fortnite asset, and a different asset needs to be chosen.
  2. An asset has a reference to an old plugin that it was migrated from (UE5 for example). Make a tiny change to the asset to cause it to be marked as modified, then resave the modified asset.
  3. A material has an invalid material function in it, and the function needs to be either removed or recreated within the project.
  4. An entire asset type is disallowed due to importing it from outside of UEFN. The asset must be removed.
  5. A specific Niagara system, Control Rig, Device, or other asset is disallowed. In many cases, this is due to certain properties that may not be valid, such as certain properties on Emitter nodes. Removing, disabling, or changing these properties can sometimes resolve validation issues.
  6. For old imported creative islands, you may have old versions of devices that need to be manually converted to newer versions of the device.
  7. For old levels that fail because theyā€™re referencing a level blueprint or base map, you may need to create a new level and copy data from the old one.
  8. When dragging in an asset from Fab, the placeholder sphere used to mark the location where the real asset will be added was not removed from the scene automatically. These placeholder spheres can be safely removed.
7 Likes

Im sorry im really confusedā€¦ support told me this is more information about a ā€œdirty assets could not be savedā€ issue ive been havingā€¦ i just want to make sure is this really related

Having false positives when following allong the ā€œfirst hour of fortntieā€ vfx tutorial.

Found disallowed object type /Game/Effects/Niagara/MasterMaterials/Fire/MI_Flames_SpriteSubUV.MI_Flames_SpriteSubUV
Found disallowed object type /Game/Effects/Niagara/MasterMaterials/Smoke/Janus/MI_SmokeV2_Lit_Emissive_Particle_Color.MI_SmokeV2_Lit_Emissive_Particle_Color
Found disallowed object type /Game/Effects/Niagara/MasterMaterials/Smoke/Janus/MI_SmokeV2_Unlit_Emissive_Particle_Color.MI_SmokeV2_Unlit_Emissive_Particle_Color
Found disallowed object type /Game/Effects/Niagara/Emitters/Fire/Fire_Sprites_SubUV.Fire_Sprites_SubUV
Found disallowed object type /Game/Effects/Niagara/Emitters/Smoke/FN_Core_Smoke_Sprite.FN_Core_Smoke_Sprite
Found disallowed object type /Game/Effects/Fort_Effects/Textures/Fire/2DGasTorch_Trim.2DGasTorch_Trim
Found disallowed object type /Game/Effects/Fort_Effects/Textures/Power_Source/T_Power_Source_Sphere_Mask.T_Power_Source_Sphere_Mask

Blockquote

1 Like

It seems like there are some problems with the ā€˜First hour of Fortniteā€™ tutorial which causes invalid references. We looking to fix that ASAP.

2 Likes

If you click on Output Log on the bottom, it should pop up a console that you can copy text from.

The asset (Hexylvania VIL TudorArch Beam) is not whitelisted.

Please fix this!!! I cant edit my MAP at all, and the corrupted file is no where to be found in my island and I even copied the file folder location from the logā€¦ also fix the matchmaking portals thumbnail bug they arenā€™t displaying properly even when verified.

Ours is pretty bad, we appreciate your hard effort in investigating this, here are more errors if youā€™d like to look at them, @Flak

2 Likes

Can we get a REAL fix for this issues that allows us to use Fortnite assets without this error?

My example usage: Iā€™ve optimized mesh, applied the same material as for original mesh and guess what validation errorā€¦ We pretty much canā€™t use anything other than prepared galleries. Even some complete Fort objects donā€™t work/

I have this error, but it is from the devices classes itselft, not from instances

Referenced By /ChessGunGame/_INT/Playsets/PID_ChessGunGame
Found disallowed object /CRD_PlayerCounter/_Verse/player_counter_device.player_counter_device
Found disallowed object /CreativeCoreDevices/_Verse/hud_message_device.hud_message_device
Found disallowed object /CreativeCoreDevices/_Verse/timer_device.timer_device
Found disallowed object /CreativeCoreDevices/_Verse/pulse_trigger_device.pulse_trigger_device
Found disallowed object /CreativeCoreDevices/_Verse/item_granter_device.item_granter_device
Found disallowed object /CreativeCoreDevices/_Verse/button_device.button_device
Found disallowed object /CRD_CinematicSequence/_Verse/cinematic_sequence_device.cinematic_sequence_device
Found disallowed object /CRD_VolumetricRegion/_Verse/damage_volume_device.damage_volume_device
Found disallowed object /CRD_SentryDevice/_Verse/sentry_device.sentry_device
Found disallowed object /CRD_GameEnd/_Verse/end_game_device.end_game_device
Found disallowed object /CRD_PlayerSpawn/_Verse/player_spawner_device.player_spawner_device

One additional tip here for anyone who encounters this issue - If the log file does not point out what actor is causing the issue you could try following too:

In the viewport of the editor Ctrl A (select all), Ctrl C (copy), and then in Notepad or equivalent text editor paste it.

Actors placed in a level in Unreal convert over to a text format when you do so. And the text can reveal information that might otherwise not be exposed.

In this example following disallowed type was reported

If within Notepad weā€™d then look for ā€œmeleeā€ weā€™d find this

Scrolling up (pay attention to the indentation) weā€™d eventually find the actor the object belongs to - the actor is the one that is shown to be in your level in the editor

If there is too much in the level to copy paste consider copy pasting a bunch of actors at a time until you find the refence.

2 Likes

Going off the Delete method. You could also try the Replace Selected Actor With tool.

I had a door that was problematic and I found it in the Outliner using the method stated above. I selected the exact same door prop item definition in the Content Drawer and used the Replace Selected Actor With Selection. There was a lock device attached to it and other objects and it seemed to create new ones along with replacing their references in all other objects which greatly reduced the amount work I had to do.

So far it seems to work for me.

/first/VFX/fx_smoke Illegal reference: /Game/Effects/Niagara/MasterMaterials/Smoke/Janus/MI_SmokeV2_Lit_Emissive_Particle_Color .
/first/VFX/fx_smoke Illegal reference: /Game/Effects/Niagara/MasterMaterials/Fire/MI_Flames_SpriteSubUV .
/first/VFX/fx_smoke Illegal reference: /Game/Effects/Niagara/MasterMaterials/Smoke/Janus/MI_SmokeV2_Unlit_Emissive_Particle_Color .

from first hour in UEFN still broken

Hi, i was able to hop in and out of UEFN and forniteā€™s edit mode until i pressed ā€œsaved current level asā€ within UEFN. After that i was no longer able to launch a session with the Error Project is not valid with seemingly everything now an error or disallowed. Is this normal or have i messed something up. Note: I have no custom assets and only used forniteā€™s assets and UEFN to edit.

Hi, Iā€™m having this type of problem but with the level of the map itself. I started having this problem after the update on Friday 24 May 2024. Every time I try to launch a session it gives me this error.
FPathExistence failed to gather correct capitalization from disk for C:/Users/cerri/Documenti/Fortnite Projects/HorrorCard/Plugins/HorrorCard/Content/Verse/HorrorCard.umap, because GetFilenameOnDisk returned a non-matching filename.
I have this error with any type of map. Even with completely empty new maps. However, I found only one map that starts but I canā€™t find any differences between the files of this one and the others.

Funny my assets were validating fine everytime the game updates more problems and more problems so annoying. Maybe fix your game before updating it 12 times a monthā€¦ Seems i found the issue though as if a item is made into a prop and its deleted or not found on the map its what causes the validation issue so delete the prop from the content drawer to fix

(post deleted by author)