Asset Illegal Reference Critical Error

I’m attempting to follow along with the UEF CTF tutorial located here (4. Set Up Spawn Rooms). I’ve completed up through the step linked. When attempting to playtest within the editor, this feature has been successful up until this point.

However, now, when I click on “Launch Session”, I’m greeted by the following, infuriatingly vague alert message.

I’ve located this thread that states that the error message should help you in locating the offending asset and deleting it, thus resolving the problem. However, my error message is anything but helpful in locating the problem. Plus, I can’t imagine having used anything that would already be out of regulation/deprecated, as I’ve used nothing but the Fortnite assets, and followed along with the tutorial instructions to a fault.

Please assist me in deciphering what the heck went wrong here. Thanks.

1 Like

Update and solution:

I found a way to some more robust, verbose logs that identified the offending asset (see image). It was deleted, and everything is working again. Not sure what was so wrong with it, as it was an exact copy of all the other doors that I’m using for this island.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.