4.13 Release Preview - Aug 4th -Live at Epic HQ

WHAT
The next major build of Unreal Engine is coming up fast and we have the scoop on the latest and greatest upcoming features. Fricker is ready to talk about everything you can expect in the upcoming 4.13 previews. Come and see the future of game development!

WHEN
Thursday, August 4th @ 2:00PM ET - Countdown]

WHERE

WHO

• Community Manager -
    Fricker - Technical Director - ]()

I’m actually getting a gear vr, and would love to experience vr. Still new to Unreal Engine, but I want to see this for sure!!! :smiley:

YAY finally Media framework overhaul is getting released :smiley:

The next dose of Fricker! Awesome! :cool:

So, does 4.13 come with Alembic support?

The Alembic importer is done for 4.13 I would assume that the Alembic Cache is in.

Excited :slight_smile:

UV coordinates from line trace? :wink:

I don’t see such a thing in the gif if that’s what you mean

anyway it’s already possible to get the UV coordinates from a per-poly line trace (but you have to compute them yourself)

Is Tessellation problem fixed?

seems not. Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-14253)

Is Vertex Anim (Trello) done on CPU or GPU ?

So, based on Trello it sounds like there will be no HISMCs/foliage fixes and Audio system (Oculus 3D spatializer for Android in particular) implementation has been moved to October :frowning: Really sad situation for Gear VR developers.

Target fix is still set for 4.13 though, seems too early to tell at this point. Really hoping so though :slight_smile:

Would love it if portals became a standard . So many people out there trying to create non-euclidean geometry, but no easy way of doing it native to UE4.

any defered MeshDecals would be implemented? By Mesh decals I mean this Using Deferred Decal Blend mode on a Mesh - Rendering - Epic Developer Community Forums
Thanks.

Golding mentioned it on twitter a bit ago https://twitter.com/EpicJamesG/status/752449435003654144

Does anyone know if media playback or video playback is working on the mac yet or not? gmpreussner said he was working on it last week?

How about Volumetric Fog / Lighting? Seems this was scheduled for July but is now in the backlog on Trello.
Has a huge amount of votes, more than anything in rendering, so can’t see why less useful stuff with a tenth of the votes like Alembic Importer gets higher priority.
Maybe time to start paying more attention to what the community actually wants… :frowning:

Maybe one is easier to implement than the other and/or maybe it’s different programmer teams working on different aspects of the engine?