Yet another FPS blueprint tutorial

Thank you sir! I was hoping you didnt crash on your way back from Montana when I didnt see you online for a couple days :slight_smile:

work it, thank you so much

sweet , so later on in this tutorial you will delete the online subsystem=null and add.

[/Script/Engine.GameEngine]!NetDriverDefinitions=ClearArray
+NetDriverDefinitions=(DefName="GameNetDriver",DriverClassName="/Script/OnlineSubsystemSteam.SteamNetDriver",DriverClassNameFallback="/Script/OnlineSubsystemUtils.IpNetDriver")
[OnlineSubsystem]
DefaultPlatformService=Steam
PollingIntervalInMs=20
[OnlineSubsystemSteam]
bEnabled=true
SteamDevAppId=480
GameServerQueryPort=27015
bRelaunchInSteam=false
GameVersion=1.0.0.0
bVACEnabled=1
bAllowP2PPacketRelay=true
P2PConnectionTimeout=90
[/Script/OnlineSubsystemSteam.SteamNetDriver]
NetConnectionClassName="/Script/OnlineSubsystemSteam.SteamNetConnection"

Any plans on a tutorial on how to keep track of scores and such? Determine who wins and how to save that data on an online database?

Everything work, now i can host and join, finding servers. Actually i implementented UE mannequin with animations to test if everything work correctly and:
-if i launch the game by the game map, the player work correctly;

-if i launch the game by the Main Menu, when i spawn in the new map, my mouse is locked

(this happen only for host, not for client)

Ok i built it and and host people work correctlyā€¦but donā€™t found inside the wiki, the Refresh Button code in Join widget.

I created a little solution for refresh button:

it work, but replicate results; it find server, clicking refresh, it found it again. http://prntscr.com/8re3s9

using this:

[/Script/Engine.GameEngine] 
!NetDriverDefinitions=ClearArray 
+NetDriverDefinitions=(DefName="GameNetDriver",DriverClassName="/Script/OnlineSubsystemSteam.SteamNetDriver",DriverClassNameFallback="/Script/OnlineSubsystemUtils.IpNetDriver") 

[OnlineSubsystem] 
DefaultPlatformService=Steam 
PollingIntervalInMs=20 

[OnlineSubsystemSteam] 
bEnabled=true 
SteamDevAppId=480 
GameServerQueryPort=27015 
bRelaunchInSteam=false 
GameVersion=1.0.0.0 
bVACEnabled=1 
bAllowP2PPacketRelay=true 
P2PConnectionTimeout=90 

[/Script/OnlineSubsystemSteam.SteamNetDriver] 
NetConnectionClassName="/Script/OnlineSubsystemSteam.SteamNetConnection" 

inside file /Config/DefaultEngine.ini, i made the pack for windows and tested with friends. everything work, there is just a bug about severs information showed in join widget. in editor i can find the match and give me righ information like ā€œ1/4 playersā€ or ā€œ44 pingā€; after package for all people who found the match, informations always were ā€œ0/4 playersā€ and ā€œ9999 pingā€

I havnt got that far but it sounds like a replication problem to me.

When I get to that point, yes.

I use a few nodes that set the input to UI only, make sure when you are loading up a map to play you set it to game.

Not sure what your issue with the refresh button was, I am pretty sure I put the code in the tutorial and I know it works.

@arbopa , man your the best, just checking the project now :slight_smile: . to answer your question on the zip size - check the ā€œIntermediateā€ folders of the plug-ins thereā€™s a large file in both which ends in .pch] not sure if they are needed but both show around 600mb in size, i sent Rama a pm so maybe he can enlighten us on that.

I figured someone would know how to cut it down it size. I kinda feel like a slacker cause life is sucking away all my time so I havenā€™t had much time to move forward on this. Hopefully today and tomorrow I will get some more cranked out.

i might not be the creative type but quite good at knit-picking :wink: your doing a great job, learning loads from your stuff .

will you continue doing this?

Yes, as time permits.

I made it to the Audio Settings :cool:

Oh man, I gotta pick up the pace. I just finished the stuff for toggle settingsā€¦ need to keep moving before you catch up. :wink:

Apparently the link to the project on dropbox has been ā€˜bannedā€™ due to an ā€˜excessive level of trafficā€™ā€¦ ugh. I am working on making it smaller, and will put it elsewhere, guess I will close up my dropbox account, itā€™s worthless if you canā€™t share stuff with it.

Thats crazy they banned that. I know I DLed it a few days ago no problem. 330 megs is normal for swapping out projects as far as I know.

Haha yeh right ,you are kicking butt really. I have no idea how many hours I got in this and Im not plowing the way. I cant imagine how many hours you have in this.