Yet another FPS blueprint tutorial

Im stuck. I made the new function for the SetErrorTXT as described here

&stc=1&d=1443630574

Seems like a naming convention to me but when I pull off of the Target I dont have an option for error txt

&stc=1&d=1443630791

&stc=1&d=1443630879

Took me a minute to see it, but you are connecting to node ‘Set Error TXT’, which is what function you are in, you want to connect that to a SetText(Text) node.
8a98a92b6092a95f0a7dd5850a0f2beb632d5043.png

BTW, I did the update to 4.9.2 and everything works the same. :wink:

Thank You! That got me going again. Im very new to blue prints and UMG especially. So far your methods of teaching are working well. If I was only 20 years younger it might stick better :slight_smile:

That’s ok, I am old, and by the time I get a few more steps into this I will of forgotten what I did at the start. :wink:

Put up a little bit more for the settings menu.

Would like to thank Arbopa for this. Truly is a very talented person. Just a note for when adding stuff to your .INI files from the Wiki.

If you add anything into your projects .INI files and you copy and paste from the Wiki you will need to replace the " characters as the Wiki uses a different " that you .Ini files don’t recognize and you will get warnings saying cannot find Gamemode etc…

Other than that, some of the images are too small to open even in Paint and you do need to go to the Blog to get the images from there.

But considering this is a whole learning purpose for Arbopa as well as us, he has done insanely well and taught me a lot. So thanks buddy.

Nah, not talented, just determined. You ever figure out your issue with Steam?

I thank those that have gone through what I have so far to point out problems. If you show me which images come over too small, I can try to replace them as well.

I’m on Night shifts for the next couple of nights. But if yours works fine connecting to each other I may have to go through the tutorial again make sure I didn’t miss anything.

When I go through it again Ill Wiki notes for you.

I just fixed some issues I was having with saving, will be working on that maybe a little tonight, but for sure by tomorrow that part will be up.

Done through the Audio settings stuff.

Figured I should start learning to plan things like this out, so set up a trello board and started filling it out with things ‘to do’ so I can keep track as I go… You can check it out if you want, and if there is something you would like added or I am clearly missing, let me know.

I had to take a timeout and watch some videos on UMG but tomorrow I will be back on this.

ok having problems again so i guess i’m missing something, when i clik on the settings button i get the MM_Setting screen with the video,audio,input,apply,return buttons but it doesn’t show the settings from M_S_Video, i can’t find where the widgit switcher know what widgit to show !!!

i know there’s not much options atm but i’m not a big fan of plug-ins as you always have to wait for the author to hopefully up date it, here’s hoping that the engine team exposes more stuff to bp’s in the future

You should have dragged rhe mmsvido widget from user widgets to the widget switcher. I have had issues where it goes away and I had to delete it and drag it back.

Am on the road but let me know if that helps.

arbopa your a star, as normal fixed :slight_smile: , the colour on my buttons are the wrong way round but hey we Brits are always different :wink:
i’ll make a start on the next phase Loas_Res tomorrow

Hello everyone, im new here so sorry if its a clear question.
Im working on this tutorial with ue 4.9.2, My Problem is something with the Widgets, when I play my game, all buttons are not working no hover or clicked event, nothing…
Maybe someone got the same problem or a Solution ?
Thanks alot.

Hi Arbopa,

There is a lot of information missing from the WIKI regarding the Video settings setup. There is no mentioning of setting up a Settings (SaveBP) and other functions as well as the proper set up in MM_Settings for the Apply button. Tried using information from both Blog and Wiki but didn’t get the desired response. Can you look over the Wiki again and fill in the gaps.

It’s from this point onwards. I’d doubt if anyone has got past this part in the tutorial just yet as it is unclear.

Thanks buddy.

Holy ****, it’s like I didn’t copy over a whole section. Is there now, think it is all right, that was part 4 of video settings from the blog.

Will be away for the next few days, unfortunately did not get enough done for the next part as I kept getting distracted (making meshes, animations, and the billion other things to learn)…

Hi
Here is another small image. A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements and Releases - Unreal Engine Forums Im stuck again, but once I see this it might help me out. Thanks

@MountainDew check “arbopa” 's blog as a lot of the pics are on there in the original size , also need a little more info as to where you are stuck, i’ve not done that much of the tutorial but maybe enough to help