World Creator 2 - A Procedural Terrain and Landscape Generator for Unreal Engine

Where do we sign up for beta? Or is it too late? The shots looks impressive :slight_smile:

Also any ETA on the unreal plugin in the future after you ship 2.0?

Yes please an ETA for the UE4 plugin would be awesome as well where do we sign up

Until now we see no problems with the Mac version :slight_smile: - a pre-order is required for the ALPHA and BETA access. Everybody who pre-orders get a nice special in addition regarding the release of World Creator 2 - something fancy that shows that you participated in the ALPHA and BETA versions of World Creator 2.

However, if you pre-order you get World Creator 1 for free - it might look a bit oldschool and generation time takes a few seconds but it is known to be extremely powerful in creating realistic terrains :slight_smile:

Hope that helps

how much is this world creator?

99 US dollars for standard and 290 US Dollars for Pro :slight_smile:

The terrain tools in Unreal are basic. So you get basic terrains. but thereā€™s also bugs in the terrain tool editor, sometimes the ground all suddenly messes up all over the screen and goes haywire when you only wanted to raise the ground up a little bit, it often messes up the screen.

Still no UE4 version pre-order on their website :confused:

$290 is a bit steep for indie version :frowning:

Im looking into to buy this. But I need to know if it has time-of-day, river and water tool settings first. Also, what is the different between the standar and the pro version?

Will be available this year :slight_smile:

$290 is for the standalone (Windows, Mac and Linux) Professional version of World Creator. If you pre-order you get the Indie version of World Creator 1 for FREE.

Bad to hear that but luckily it does nothing has to do with the generation process at all - even better because if Unreal terrain messes up, you simply regenerate the terrain and there you go with a clean one :wink:

World Creator is a procedural terrain and landscape generator only so it does not take care of time-of-day settings such as sun position. However, you can use the sun light direction to distribute textures or objects (e.g. moss on shadow site of mountain). Same for water. There will be filters with which you can create rivers and seas automatically which means that the terrain is deformed indicating rivers and seas.

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

Wouldnā€™t that mean having to sculpture the terrain all over again if you just regenerate a new one? Instead when it messes up, I just hit CTRL Z to undo the last action made.
The undo is very good in Unreal. I have my level half embedded in my terrain so if I generate a new one, it would mean an hour or so of re-sculpturing it.

So if we import a new heightmapto shape our terrain with, how do we stop the terrain looking like it was made in Minecraft? with the blocky look?

Whatā€™s the difference (for indies) between Professional Standalone for Windows and Professional for UE4 ?

Looking at Standard vs Pro page I see the following difference (bold is what I find equally important for both indies and AAA):

• Procedural GPU Generation (ULTRA FAST IN REAL TIME)
  • Real-Time Terrain Generation
  • Maximum Resolution of 8192 x 8192 Pixels
  • Realtime Sedimentation Filters
  • Terrain Masks (Different Terrain Types on a Single Terrain Map)
  • Realtime Editable Masks
  • Import Real World Data and Place Objects on Satellite Imagery Data
  • Unlimited Tiling Support (Create Vast Landscapes)

Would that be the same for UE4 Std. vs Pro. ?

What would be the price for UE4 plugin?

Yes, the differences will be the same. The Standard version is for lower budget with limited features. To be fair with Unreal users, on first release, pricing will be equal to the Unity pricing - later, both, Unity and Unreal plugins will be adapted to the standalone pricing. So Unreal users will have the chance to get World Creator for the currently known price of $59 (Standard) and $189 (Professional) for the very first months, just as the Unity users.

nice, any ETA for the UE4 version?

Not yet. We will have to finish the standalone first (which is planned to be done this year). After that we will head for the Unreal version ā€¦ so I guess something around March next year. But this is only an estimation. However, we will open pre-orders this year for Unreal also including a goodie of course :wink:

Where can I pre-order UE4 version? :slight_smile:

We will open pre-orders this year (something around November). I will make an announcement as soon as pre-orders are available :slight_smile:

Is there any features of the UE4 plugin that arenā€™t possible to get(in UE4) from the standalone? As in, will there be any reason to want the plugin over standalone other than being in-editor?