World Creator 2 - A Procedural Terrain and Landscape Generator for Unreal Engine

The feature set of the standalone will be more advanced a bit. It is just a lot more comfortable to use the UE plugin because there everything is automated and you do not have to take care of importing data and setup things that might take a few minutes. The UE plugin would also take care of placing objects and such things - using the standalone only would require you to “connect” the proper objects with the imported data - not very comfortable and very time consuming.

Yeah unreal has a habit of connecting tons of objects first to make things work, it be nice to have plugins to do all the linking up for you.
Because without them, there’s tons of wiring up to do in Unreal. Does this worldcreator use arrays for scattering the objects in the world, if this
is gonna be like Terragen? How fast is the render times, is it faster than what Unreal takes to calculate the lighting for a decent map?

Oh no, we do not want to compete with Terragen - their renderer is awesome and creates realistic images. World Creator is meant to be a Terrain and Landscape generator only. Yes, the renderings will be AAA game quality and therefore done in realtime. But if it is about creating images and videos as seen in AAA holywood productions, you better go with Vue or Terragen - that is not our business. However, the combination of World Creator and Vue or Terragen makes a lot of sense of course. Create the terrain and populate it with objects and then port it to Vue or Terragen to cretae stunning showreals - perfect!

Render times is done in realtime - it will look like a game using PBR techniques.

Any update on when the beta starts?

The BETA for the standalone will be available on 19th November. The ALPHA is already available. Regarding the Unreal Plugin: This will start around April / May 2017.

Is there going to be a beta for the Ue4 plugin, as a way to try out World Creator without buying the Standalone version?

yes yes I need it. I love world creator terrain generator software.

I’ve used World Creator with Unity, absolutely loved it and would 100% purchase it for UE4, this type of tool is sorely needed!

Hey bud, was wondering when this would come out for UE4, I will happily buy the alpha.

I would love to see an Unreal Engine version of this! Keep it up!

What about the desktop app; is it still on alpha/beta?

Yeah. But it’s coming along pretty well, I’m incredibly surprised by how solid it is given that – at first glance, anyway – it seems to have nowhere near the customization level of World Machine + GeoGlyph. But it’s very capable.

This was a quick 5-10 minute little experiment with a version from a month or so ago:

110d871594f2faab653c8415630094b0b8303e35.jpeg

Nice; I’m not a fan of world machine so I’m expecting a more intuitive UI on this when the time comes for me to begin messing with terrains.

This would be very nice to see in UE4. I own World Creator Pro in Unity 5 (Use it in v5.5.1) to create various landscapes very fast and in great variety. They are easy enough to export and import into UE4 at the moment.

A direct UE4 implementation would be very handy.

Sooo… It’s been a while and still no release in sight :frowning: Kinda started to remind me of World Machine situation :confused:

Btw, is it going to have tools for generating biomes over the terrain ?

I know right its so sad :frowning:

Hello,

sorry for not checking this forum that often - we ave our own one where we answer all questions every day.

World Creator BETA is still under development but the first RC is very close now. The Unreal plugin is also under development but will not be released before the Standalone is finished.

Biomes are of no problem for World Creator :slight_smile:

I suggest anybody who has interests in World Creator, to join our forum at www.world-creator.com/forum

Thank you and kind regards,

have any video trailer about its essential function within the UE4 Engine?

Not yet - as soon as we have more to show we will make anouncements fro sure :slight_smile:

Apologies for not reading the entire thread…but… what is the selling price going to be? And… How does this software compare to Houdini 16 new terrain tools? Thanks.

teak