Why my landscape material comes out shiny black?

Hello everyone, I’m creating my landscape material but when I apply it to the ground it comes out shiny black, I create the data layer and it’s still the same; It should be noted that if I apply it in another lanscape, it applies correctly.

Does anyone know how I can fix it, if it’s a problem with the lanscape or the material?

1 Like

Hey @Sarviv1!

I noticed that your way over budget for your texture streaming pool. Try using the console command r.streaming.poolsize 2000 or whatever number till you are no longer seeing that error and see if that makes a difference. I usually do 2500 to 3000 myself when I encounter this error.

I hope the above solution works!

1 Like

hi @Quetzalcodename !

I corrected the stream pool error and even tried to make the material simpler but it still doesn’t work, I can see that I get an announcement that I don’t have the info layers but how can you see if I have them created.

Hello Sarviv1!

The problem seems to be realted to the material texture space, in order to solve it, you need to change the texture nodes to “Shared: Wrap”.

look for the texture sample nodes on your material and click on them, and on the “Sampler Source” change “From texture asset” to “Shared: Wrap”

That should solve the problem!

Hope this helps!

hi @AngelBieliukas

the problem is when applying the landscape :c not in the visualization, I think it is more a problem of the lanscape than of the material because when I apply it in another lanscape if it comes out correctly

Hello!

I did some research and maybe this post solution could help you!

Hope this helps to solve the problem on your landscape!

1 Like