Why is my world-partitioned NavMesh only being generated partially?

Hello, I’m trying to set up a world-partitioned navmesh for my game and I am following the official guide here: World Partitioned Navigation Mesh. The problem is that after setting the RecastNavmesh to world-partitioned only a part of the navmesh is being created. First I though that my level/geometry was the issue but I can replicate the issue with the default World Partition level in a completely new project (screenshot below). As I said, I’m following the guide, setting the same settings as suggested there and it’s the same outcome every time. I guess this still is an experimental feature but does anyone have an idea how to make this work? Btw, I’m currently using 5.3.1

1 Like

I’m like this too.

I tested it and it didn’t happen in 5.2, so I guess it’s a bug that occurred in 5.3.

please give me a solution.

It’s a Engine bug that is already fixed in ue5-main branch on Github.

Here is the solution to fix this bug if you build engine from source code:

1./Engine/Source/Editor/UnrealEd/Private/WorldPartition/WorldPartitionNavigationDataBuilder.cpp

TObjectPtr compilation fixes ahead of enabling GC barrier

2./Engine/Source/Runtime/Engine/Private/WorldPartition/NavigationData/NavigationDataChunkActor.cpp

Fix for ANavigationDataChunkActor having wrong actor location

Hope this helps.

3 Likes

but, how to fix it with launcher engine?

Sorry to say that I have no idea how to fix it without changing the engine source code.
Since this bug has already been fixed on ue5-main branch, my suggestion is waiting for the new release version.

it seems like that the bug doesn’t fixed in 5.3.2

Same issue, changing the Recast actor location doesn’t work, neither does moving the Recast->NavMeshOriginOffset.
Thanks for checking zhenghzzz1, hoping 5.4 fixes it and isn’t too far away

badly 5.4 still

2 Likes

It worked correctly for me in 5.4.1. If I turned down the Navigation Data Chunk Grid Size to the low debug number in those docs, then it completely breaks and only generates on a portion of the map.