Why is my texture disappearing on static mesh?

Why is my texture disappearing on static mesh, I made a simple road texture and applied it to my mesh that I used BSP’s to make. I build lighting and I get those really dark spots that takes away texture on the meshalt text

does it have a lightmap?

Hello SoraJR,

From what you have described you have converted a BSP into a static mesh and then applied the texture.

From what I see from your screenshot you have taken a box BSP and stretched it to fit to the size you need. There a couple things that could be causing this issue.

1.) Your light mapped is trying to calculate at too low a resolution.
2.) The non uniform scaling of the BSP is causing an issue

Some things you can do to fix this :

1.) Use splines instead of BSP

Link to Splines : Content Examples Sample Project for Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.1 Documentation

1. Go into your Static Mesh Details window by double clicking on the Static Mesh in your content browser.

a.) On the right hand side under your LOD0 section there is an option to set your Min Lightmap Resolution
b.) Try setting this to something like 256 and then scaling like you would inside of Photoshop or other image editing software. I wouldn’t go above 1024 if you do not see a noticeable difference.

Let me know if this solves this issue.

Thank You,

Hello SoraJR,

I have not heard from you yet. I was wondering if you were still experiencing this issue? Also, have you had a chance to follow the above mentioned troubleshoot steps above?

Thank you,

Hello SoraJR,

Due to tracking purposes I will be closing this thread. If you are still having this problem then please feel free to post again. I will reopen this issue at that time.

Thank you,

Hello, I’m sorry for not posting. I’ve been busy with school. College student here. I did what you said, changed the Lightmap Resolution to 256. It worked and now everything is lookin fine. Thank you!