why does the lights in my scene activate only when it's on screen

So I’m trying to light up a dome and for it I’m using mesh light on the ceiling, they work perfectly when I’m watching it from a distance but as soon as I get close to the scene it gets dark and the only lights that remain active are the lamps

when I’m close

when I’m at a distance

also why do I get those splotches ( if that’s the correct word ) on the ground

using Lumen and UE 5.1, Thank you

I can’t be the only one getting this issue, any alternatives or anything would help but I want to move forward on this project

Lumen to some degree uses screen space GI in which case it can only work with what is currently visible. While emissive materials can be set to contribute to lighting you should not use them exclusively to illuminate a scene. In your situation, you should place some lights there. You can still have your emissive materials to represent the light source, but for actually emitting light you would want to use light actors.

so if i use the baking method then would i be able to use only this light as a source of lighting ? because plan on shifting it to android and ios, might sound dumb but I want to try it out, and I’ve heard that using many area lights would slow down performance

You can use emissive materials with baked lighting but dynamic objects (like a character) won’t get shadows cast from those emissive materials since it will only be part of the baked lighting.

I see, but that shouldn’t be a problem since I intend to have it as a first person pov walkable area, Thanks a lot for the answer @darthviper107