Why do I have to rebuild lightning every time I move an object?

Hi! So I started following this tutorial and I have a huge problem. The problem is that I have to rebuild lightning every time I do something, but the person who made the tutorial doesn’t have to!!
I noticed that this problem only comes up when I am using the “Blank” project, and when I use the “Third person” project I don’t have this problem no more, because I can move any object, put any object into the world seamlessly, without having to rebuild lightning and without having the red error popping up.

This is the tutorial I am following, where the creator of the tutorial doesn’t have to rebuild lightning…

Hi!

Haven’t watched the video BUT the video’s description says it will focus mainly on nanite and LUMEN. Lumen is a new real time lighting solution with movable lights and GI…
If you’re not using this method and you use static lights then yes, every single time you move something or place a new object to the scene or adjust lighting you will need to rebuild your lighting, since the program needs to recalculate the lighting bounces with the new settings!

1 Like

Hello @LikelyDone, and welcome!
In this case, it happens to you because you are using static or stationary lights

For example, I do not need to build lights for this project, and I can move whatever:

Of course, the editor consumes more resources!

If you want to try set all lights to movable:

2 Likes

Lighting is the more important, I also recommend you to watch this video, it helped me and I’m here 8 years!

3 Likes

You sir, are amazing!! Thank you, so, so much!
This problem gave me such a big headache… because i couldn’t find anything online…
God bless you man!

And thank you for sending me the lightning for beginners video!
Cheers! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you so much!!!

I was indeed using static lights… But now it’s all good!

Cheers! :slight_smile: