What is the problem with rendering shadows on iOS Metal platform?

Hello!

So I’ve used the Vehicle template in Unreal Engine 5.3 to create a game project which I would work on for my iOS game.

Everything works, but when I set the platform preview to iOS Metal, the shadows became really low quality. The preview also matches the exported project on a real device, so shadows really look bad.

I am not sure what is the problem here, all the settings seem to be to Epic and it does work on Android Vulkan preview. Is there an iOS specific setting to increase shadow quality? Couldn’t find anything online or I have tried it and it had no effect.

Attaching two screenshots, one on iOS Metal preview and other Android Vulkan. The difference is very noticable which is which.

Thanks for help!

i can only see one shadow being affected. the spoiler one.
is that a different material? or object?
is vulkan preview for android somehow using global illumination or dynamic shadows (and metal doesnt). (not sure if this is supported on android but heard work was happening on 5.3)
also there are quality settings for shadows the “get/set shadow quality”

you could try and tweak those. i think you could define some defaults as well. but that’ s as much as i know.
though i would bet is just a difference on the render pipeline for vulkan and metal since they are different.