What GPU's can support GPU Lightmass?

I was trying to bake the lights on my level with the GPU Lightmass option but when i tried to it gave me a message saying “GPU Lightmass requires hardware raytracing which isn’t supported by your GPU”. I have the Support Hardware Ray Tracing activated on my project settings and that makes me question 2 things.

1. Did it change anything by enabling “Support Hardware Ray Tracing”?
  2. What GPU’s can support Hardware Raytracing for GPU Lightmass?

I’m using an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 i never expected it to do Raytracing but i was looking for a new Graphics Card and i saw the new AMD 6750 XT does it support Hardware Raytracing and can it bake the lights using GPU Lightmass?

1 Like

Nevermind! If you are having the same problem i found a way to get the raytracing features to work on any GPU.

1. Go to C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.(version)\Engine\Config\ConsoleVariables.ini open it with a notepad and add this line “r.D3D12.DXR.AllowEmulatedRayTracing=1”

2. Get this :
    UnrealEditor-D3D12RHI.dll (2.2 MB)

3. Go to C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.(version)\Engine\Binaries\Win64, copy the UnrealEditor-D3D12RHI.dll and paste it into the folder, as the file already exists you will need to replace it.

(The next time you start the engine it will take a bit longer to open)

2 Likes

Thank you so much! :pray:

Mrbear99 where did you find the dll ?

1 Like

Hi there @Mrbear99,

Hope you’re well!

This topic has been moved from International to Rendering.

When posting, please review the categories to ensure your topic is posted in the most relevant space.

Thanks and happy developing!

Hello! I updated to 5.3.1 and the ability to use GPULightmass disappeared. It seems useless to contact the developers… Can you help me again with the UnrealEditor-D3D12RHI library? ) the previous version gives an error on the new version.

@VVindblade
Solved : Cant Enable RayTracing in UE5 (gtx 1060)(Nvidia Pascal) - 5.3 patches

Thank You!