What am I missing to improve the game graphic?

Hi everyone!

It has been a while since I posted here. My game has been reported many times about graphic limitations. I want to learn how to improve my graphics in terms of lighting, environment or perhaps something else that I didn’t know existed. I understand it is a broad topic to discuss, so I included some of my game’s screenshots, which I think should help narrow down some of the mass criteria to improve it.

I really appreciate it if I could be in contact with anyone who can help me out (teachers/professionals/artists), you can either leave your feedback here or you can DM me. I would love to learn more about how can I improve my graphics.

My current render settings (if it helps):

1. Direct x11 (To have a broader target system)
  2. Epic quality scale setting
  3. No nanite (it requires a high-end setup)
  4. No Lumen (Because nanite is compulsory to make the Lumen work properly)
  5. No virtual shadow maps (No Lumen)
  6. No HDRI
  7. Bloom convolution

Overall, I’m using the old method of lighting, and some games manage to use the old method to make it look photoreal (so I thought it would be performance-wise), I would appreciate it if you have some tips about the legacy lighting method in UE5.

Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

Some of the assets just appear to be low poly and that instantly lowers the realism factor. Also the scale of some assets seems off and how they are integrated with the scene (grass just clipping through the road) lowers the realism. The curb in the city scene having a hard edge and being perfectly straight, large downtown buildings right next to woods, assets that seem overly generic and not really selling a realistic story with how they are used.

I see thank you for the feedback, may I know what appears to be referred to as low poly assets? Also, do you have any approach or proposed solution that I can try to improve? :smiley: