Water body river split into separated planes

Hello, I recently started to use the Water plugin in UE 4.27 and I am currently facing an issue that nobody in the tutorials I followed faced.

Basically, I simply created a river bi=ody and when I change the height of one of the spline points, the river gets segmented into multiple, separated planes.
I haven’t found any solution yet so if you have any please let me know.

Greetings,

It must be an issue with your spline function, because:

Then when I change the material to water:

Your spline function should look something like this:

Hello.
What spline function exactly? I am using the default rover body from the plugin and have,'t setup anything exterior to that.

Look at the above picture.

I saw that but I don’t use any custom actor as I said so there isn’t such function in my scenario, unless the defaul river body from the plugin uses some.

I’m not sure what the plugin entails. It should have a blueprint somewhere.

Regardless, I would contact the creator of the plugin, because anyone here would be shooting in the dark, unless they have experienced this exact same thing.

This is the water plugin provided by Unreal itself so contacting the creator is kind of complex.

Let me check the listing…

What version of Unreal are you in?

UE 4.27 + it’s this plugin

Okay, compare what you did to what Ryan did:

See if you can follow along without issue.

This is one of the videos I watched while testing the plugin, I did create the river the way he did in the video

So, if you did it successfully, but you can’t do it now, it could be a bug.

If you aren’t far along, just start a new project. If you are far along, then I suggest testing the plugin in an empty project, and if it works there, migrating the rest of your project to that new project.

I meant that I followed the same steps as him, not that it worked for me, it never did.
I also tested in an empty project, same result than here.

Ah, I see.

Then I would suggest that you create your own spline then. I personally have no experience with the plugin, and at this point it is defunct.

Maybe for a reason.

For reference:

Keep in mind that these plugins are EXPERIMENTAL. So, they could be very unstable for some systems.

I’ll look for a way to make my own then I guess yeah, thanks.