Want block/shape volumetric light

Take a look at these images: temp2 - Google Drive

…see how the character’s left shoulder is getting the spotlight’s light but the rest of him isn’t? Well you can see the stretched cube in front of the spotlight that’s doing that blocking.

I also have and an ‘exponential high fog’ working so that the beam of light is volumetric. But the blocking cube doesn’t affect the volumetric beam of light. I’ve watch a bunch of video in which folks cast volumetric light through a shaped window and the light cuts through accordingly. How can I make that work? Thanks.

Hi @peterbrinson!

Just double checking here, you are using retracing to pull this off right? Is your spotlight movable?

Check out this non Epic affiliated tutorial on how to pull off something very similar:

Mix Volumetric Fog & Raytraced Shadows the RIGHT Way (Unreal Engine 4.26)

I hope the above solution works for you!

I made a blank project and got it to work. The project that doesn’t let me “cookie cut” my volumetric lighting has various content from the marketplace, including Brushify, 3D model sets, “procedural road generator” , “realistic glass creator”, “smoke flash grenades”, and metahumans.
It’s a guess that one of them is interfering, although I can’t be sure it’s any of them.

Thank you.