I am new to Unreal Engine after several years with Unity and I work on VR projects with Oculus or Vive devices.
Now I want to do a simple thing (in Unity) but I don’t find any tutorials, workflows on UE4 to get the same result or it seems to be very tricky xd.
I need to have an UI in screen space on my PC screen while the VR user plays:
- the VR user don’t see these UIs
- this is only for the external public
- it is on the same windows as the VR app/games
These UIs have the purpose to display some information at runtime such as score, life, timer, menu, etc.
In recent game, it is the same as Half Life Alyx.
On Unity, I have to switch my Canvas component to Screen Space, it is the default value.
On UE4, I tested :
- the blueprint node “Add to Viewport”
- the widget component inside a blueprint
All work normally when the VR is not enabled but all disappear in the other case.
Do you have any tips, workflows or other things to get this result ?
Thank you for your help =)