Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine Livestream - Creating a VR spectator camera - Feb 21 - Live from HQ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[LIVESTREAM] Unreal Engine Livestream - Creating a VR spectator camera - Feb 21 - Live from HQ

Click image for larger version  Name:	VRTrailerCameraForumHeader.jpg Views:	1 Size:	161.3 KB ID:	1586144

WHAT
    On this week’s livestream, learn how to create a project agnostic, VR spectator camera in your UE4 project. Our team will also demonstrate how it can be used to record trailers for VR games, or to create local asymmetrical multiplayer games. Make sure you have 4.21 installed if you want to follow along!

Project example documentation (includes download link)

WHEN
    Thursday, Feb 21 @ 2:00PM ET - Countdown

WHERE
    Twitch
    Youtube
    Facebook

WHO
    Victor Brodin - Community Manager - @victor1erp
    Amanda Bott - Community Manager - @amandambott

RELEVANT INFO
    Documentation

ARCHIVE

Feel free to post your questions here and we'll try to answer them on the stream!
    Last edited by VictorLerp; 03-05-2019, 12:50 PM.

Excellent, Looking forwards to this one,
    Artstation

Comment

Just in time for a project I'm working on!

I hope this will be covered in the live stream, but just in case it doesn't, how to implement on screen UI buttons (Widgets) with mouse click events for the spectator?

Looking forward for the stream.

Comment

Exactly what I need, thousand thanks!

Comment

Awesome! Would be interesting to hear how one would add UI on top of the spectator screen (if at all possible)
          Twitter: @Trolljeigur

Comment

This sounds awesome! Could you guys maybe touch on creating a VR visualization with animated elements? For example, a spaceship that shoots down another spaceship? I'm just wondering how to animate all of this within UE4.

Comment

Originally posted by Joakim Olsson View Post
              Awesome! Would be interesting to hear how one would add UI on top of the spectator screen (if at all possible)
              I'll be adding that to the project, but it should be known that the blueprint implementation is a hack (placing a 3d widget infront of the camera). It works though!

EDIT: By "the project" I mean the sample project that will be released. I'll update this thread with a link once it goes live.

Comment

Great training stream, Victor. Do you know when we'll be able to get our hands on the sample project?

Comment

Originally posted by dmhwtn View Post
                  Great training stream, Victor. Do you know when we'll be able to get our hands on the sample project?
                  I've updated the post with a link to the README and project files, let me know if you run into any issues.

Comment

Can you do more VR? This episode was great!

Comment

Does the included project solution for the UI interaction work if you want to use it to focus on a text input and use the hardware keyboard for it?

Comment

Originally posted by Themap666 View Post
                        Does the included project solution for the UI interaction work if you want to use it to focus on a text input and use the hardware keyboard for it?
                        Sure does, but make sure you focus on it as such:Click image for larger version

Name:	KeyboardFocus.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	1592574

Comment

This is exactly what I needed thank you so much, but my xbox controller input isn't working. I made sure that its in the input and that I connected it correctly in the spectator component, but I still can't move the camera with the controller...any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Brysonian10 View Post
                            This is exactly what I needed thank you so much, but my xbox controller input isn't working. I made sure that its in the input and that I connected it correctly in the spectator component, but I still can't move the camera with the controller...any ideas?
                            Did you try it with any other application and/or game? All you have to do is to add Gamepad Thumbstick X/Y to the CameraMove(Forward/Right) input bindings, and it'll work.

Comment

Originally posted by VictorLerp View Post

Sure does, but make sure you focus on it as such:Click image for larger version

Name:	KeyboardFocus.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	1592574
                              Thanks a lot Victor, that did the trick .

I have another question, this one is probably trickier.

Is it possible to have an application running on two screens, one of them being the spectator camera covered in the livestream, and another one just displaying the usual HMD livefeed? I'm working on something funny with green screens, but only want to layer real life images in one of the screens but not the other. By simply switching the Spectator mode from Disabled to SingleEyeCroppedToFit I get the transition between both working just fine, but unfortunately, since it's the same window, one of them is gonna have unwanted green screen layering.

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work !

Comment

Working...
                              X