VR Gun ToolKit

Very sorry I didn’t get notification from the last two questions asked here for some reason :frowning:
Please apologidge for the delay in the replies, I’ll start checking the thread manually from now on to make sure no question is left un-answered

Hi PXDN,
Yes you can change them, on the bullet you have an array called “decals” you can put different decals for each surface there

Hi Lone_Rebel15515,
Glad you managed to fix your problem, please don’t hesitate to ask if you need assistance in anything else

Just wanted to jump in and ask about the length of time this takes to compile shaders, etc. when loading. I deleted almost everything on the opening level and it still takes an insane length of time before everything’s compiled. As you know this delays working on any project using the toolkit when starting up the engine. Working off a clean windows install as well.

Hi MixMasta,

We’ve changed this for the next update, we’re hoping to send it to epic asap, this will not only add some new features but also fix the shader compile issue that you’re having.

Thank you for the feedback

Thanks for the quick response, looking forward to the update!

Really Enjoying the kit so far! I’ve been playing with setting up my own scopes for a set of rifles, utilising a Scene capture component 2D with a lowered FOV projecting onto a material on a plane inside of the scope. It works brilliantly, however, i’d love to extend the scopes to allow a change in the FOV on button press to achieve some sort of variable zoom.

I want to check whether the player is holding the weapon before allowing the change in the FOV on button press. I’m just not sure how to check if the players holding the selected weapon? Any help would be appreciated. :stuck_out_tongue:

Just bought your asset. Great job!
I’ve added two new weapon : P350 + AKM. Work fine, thanks to your tutorials but… There seems to be a problem with gravity (or physics).
As soon as the new gun has been loaded with a magazine, when I drop my weapon or release the magazine, he starts to fly in the air, to twirl, to slip to the ground … strange behavior which does not occur with the weapons of the asset.
I have however used the BP of the Colt (for P350 and BP AK47 for AKM) … and changed only the parameters as on the tutorial … same thing with the AKM.

Another thing, I would have to define a “mesh” for “empty magazine” after use … Ie : in the blueprint Magazine, to have an “empty magazine” function with the corresponding mesh …
Thank you in any case for your efforts.
2d4ff37b4f1c732460ff3e7b0a5f5ed189943cec.jpege1390018ce474c75b279c8898c2184e7845897ab.jpeg

Hi Zippyo3,
On the hands you have a function called “get Gun On Hand”, you can use that to get the gun on hand and call a even on it, here’s an example of it:

Hi JM_Lovermind,
For the weird magazine behaviour, can you check the collision you have on them? usually that behaviour is because of a collision issue.

For the empty magazine mesh, you could do on this event:
2.png
You check the size of the “Ammo” array, and if it’s 0, change the mesh to the “empty” mesh

;722644]
Hi Zippyo3,
On the hands you have a function called “get Gun On Hand”, you can use that to get the gun on hand and call a even on it, here’s an example of it:

[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I’ve got my variable scopes setup however if I’m understanding it correctly the ‘get gun on hands’ function refers to any weapon that is based on the VRrealistic Gun base? Am I reading that correctly? If so how can I define which weapon the player must be holding before events can be called? Currently, when a key is pressed the FOV changes on the scopes correctly however this occurs even when the player isn’t holding the weapon.

“Get gun on Hand” tries to get if the hand is holding a “VRrealistic gun”. You can further cast from the output of that function if you want to limit when the player can do the FOV increase. For example, you can have a child of VRGunBase, called “sniper”, you can use the same setup on the image I sent you, but after isvalid cast to “Sniper”. The casting will only move the flow if it’s a sniper that you have in your hand, which means only when a sniper is in hand it will execute the event. That way you can also have the “increase FOV” event only on the sniper, and not on “VRrealistic Gun Base”.

Hi there,

I’m looking into buying thistoolkit. I’m just a starting developer and I do not have much coding experience but a lot of 3d/2d experience… I read the next update will have a number of locomotion options. Will the toolkit feature touchpad locomotion (onward style)? This would save me from figuring out how to create such a locomotion system and mean an instant buy. Thanks in advance!

First of all thank you for a great kit!. I have one thing i must ask tough.
Is it possible to reduce the “sway” of the gun after it been picked up?, it clips trough my hand animations by moving so much when aiming.

Hi, try to take out this option and see if it helps “disable low latency”. If this is not working you should try to attach the hand to the motioncontroller directly.
b3abccc6d0feb8f60acce44769d58ec68d89286c.jpeg

Let me know if this solves it,
Thank you

Hi, try to take out this option and see if it helps “disable low latency”. If this is not working you should try to attach the hand to the motioncontroller directly.
b3abccc6d0feb8f60acce44769d58ec68d89286c.jpeg

Let me know if this solves it,
Thank you
[/QUOTE]

Worked great! Thank you for the help :slight_smile:

Hi Prime

Interested to know how things are progressing with the next update for the pack? Looking forward to new exciting features! :wink:

Hi Zippyo3,

I’ve unfortunately been very busy for the last few weeks and didn’t manage to wrap up everything yet, I’m trying to get that done asap, I’m looking forward to sending out the update for you guys to test out and enjoy! :slight_smile:

Thank you for the support

1. i Clone the AK weapon and add my skeleton mesh weapon all works but

the gun is in the air and dont go dawn if i make the same physic settings like the ak the weapon i on the floor but if i grab it She stays on the ground, she work but on thre ground!

1. Its not possible Work Widget Interaction with Right Hand why? only left work.

i think its better to add the Original Epic Hand to this toolkit it is possible use the original motion controller and if yes how?

Hi ,

1. You should use a static mesh instead of skeletal mesh, please refer to our tutorial for the setup of the weapon:

2. Not sure I understand the question, but the hands we’re using wouldn’t influence the widget interaction

1. so its not possible use skeletal mesh without the problem? i have weapons with special animations i want use skeletal with this animations!

2. i add to the vr hands blueprint a widget interaction and set the debug to tru now i see the debug line ingame on left and right hand but only the left hand interact with widgets the right dont work why? the same work in the epic vr template!

here what i make

1. No the kit does not natively support a skeletal mesh, you would have to modify the kit code to support this.

2. I’m not sure, it’s hard to say without seeing the code but there shouldn’t be anything in the toolkit code that would interfere with the widget interaction.

I just took a second look at your image, I’m pretty sure your problem is that the “F” key has the boolean “consume input” turned on, this means that only 1 hand will get the input command and “consume it” and then the other hand will not get the input. I suggest that you take a look at how I did the pass of input between the pawn/hands since the way you are doing atm is not the best