VR Gun ToolKit

thank you that looks easy. I will purchase now your great asset

Hello, I purchased it. Its an awesome asset. Someone I got 1 problem with the teleport on oculus rift. The tranport icon tip does point north (for example) but after teleport the player looks sometimes NE or NW… It is never exactly the same direction like the tip points. Its quite annoying. How to fix it?!

A Tutorial how to setup a empty map with the VR toolkit would be awesome. Thanks

Thank you for the bug report, there’s in fact an issue with the teleport rotation on the oculus, fortunately the solution is easy, you just need to access the “BP_VRrGunHands” blueprint, and inside the “Teleport Node” search for the “oculus directional Teleport” comment nodes, and add the invertrotator node as in the picture:

We’ll be submitting this bug fix to unreal asap

Regarding the empty map, there’s nothing in the level itself that is required so any map you create is going to work with the toolkit. You can add one of our pawns to that level and have the “Auto Possess Player 0” on the pawn and it will work.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Ah great thank you. Is there a way to change the blue teleport marker? And I recognize somehow the marker seems to have a collider on it? I dropped a gun on the marker and could move the gun while moving the teleport marker. Looked weird :smiley:

Yes, you can change the markers, they are in the “BP_VRrGunHands”, the “TP_Sphere” and “BeaconDirection” is what you want to change. You can also take out the collision of these so they don’t collide with the gun:
tpsphere.png

Thank you! Great Support. Before I start with my game, when is the next update coming and what will be in it?

We’re aiming to release at end of next week, the next update will have:

• An option to choose if you grab the weapon physically
  • Recoil
  • Bolt action rifle support
  • Melee weapon
  • Some changes to how the maps are presented/loading + a new example map
  • New locomotion options

You should be able to start using the kit and just add the update when we release it with minimum setup, no need to wait :slight_smile:

;711125]
We’re aiming to release at end of next week, the next update will have:

• An option to choose if you grab the weapon physically
  • Recoil
  • Bolt action rifle support
  • Melee weapon
  • Some changes to how the maps are presented/loading + a new example map
  • New locomotion options

You should be able to start using the kit and just add the update when we release it with minimum setup, no need to wait :slight_smile:
[/QUOTE]

Excellent Sir! How can I disable the arcarde Guns on the invisible belt of the player character and / or how can I put the regular gun on it?

oh and one other thing. When I have a pile of bullets on the table I only need to hover with the magazine above the pile and the bullets are inserted automatic into the magazine. Kind of fast way to load (cheat)the magazine. How can I change it that the bullet ONLY be able to filled into magazine if the Bullet is holded by a controller?

If you use the “BP_VRGunPawn” instead of the “BP_ArcadePawnExample” you won’t have the guns. You can also open “BP_ArcadePawnExample” and change the weapon being spawned on the “SpawnGunInHolster” function:

Great. Thank you. Any solution for this here?

When I have a pile of bullets on the table I only need to hover with the magazine above the pile and the bullets are inserted automatic into the magazine. Kind of fast way to load (cheat)the magazine. How can I change it that the bullet ONLY be able to filled into magazine if the Bullet is holded by a controller?

Yes, you can change the kit to have this functionality, the best way I can see is that you check if the magazine is held on the bullet before allowing it to be inserted in the magazine.

The Colt1911 seems to missing some texture on trigger and innerpipe ? will that be fixed?

The Coit should have a “M_Metal” material applied to the trigger, the innerpipe has the “M_Colt_color_Mat”

thank you again :slight_smile:

Excellent tutorial btw for changing guns.

Can I change the decals of different bullets on different surfaces?

I love the plugin, but I’m having one issue. I’m attempting to make it so you can store magazines on your person. I’ve added a translucent cylinder to the player and made it so that if the magazine overlaps that cylinder, it attaches to a socket on the cylinder.

When I go to grab the magazine from the socket, it simply falls to the ground instead of allowing a grip.

I’m not sure how to fix this, and I’m also wondering how to check if the magazine is gripped, and only snap it to the socket if the grip is released.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I figured it out. I think it had to do with “weld physics bodies,” but I just modified the script for grabbing objects in VR_gunhands.

Basically, I made it so that if an object you try to grip has simulate physics disabled but is tagged as ‘ammo,’ it enables physics on the object and proceeds to grab it.