VR Game Template

Edit: Issue resolved by reading through the thread. Thanks for the awesome templates.

Does anyone know a way to DISABLE the fade to black part of set-up at all? I’m currently working with a light blueprint that has a trigger which when you enter you can switch on and off the light… but every time i get near the light it fade to black! I’m sort of dissecting the VR blueprint and found some sections with a distance but don’t want to mess up the whole thing!

Thanks and good work on making this, really is a lifesaver!

is a really awesome template. Big thanks for all your effort building and helping out!

I have a question, I want my character to stay on a chair, so fixed position of the character but the head still needs to move in sync with the oculus movement. How can I do this?

Hi, I’m just trying to get copied to my templates but I’m on OSX. The download appears to be for Windows as it exists. Unreal can’t see the template after copying to the templates folder. Any tips would be appreciated!
-p

After implementing the Flying AI template, It seems to help keep the hands on the wheel when another pawn is in the scene as in video -

[video]- YouTube

After weeks of trying to work out and asking for help, I am still not there yet, Really need some help as is the only thing i am still not able to sort.

Surely someone must know how to disable this ‘fade to black thing’ in the blueprint somehow?!?!?! I literally can’t seem to use any interactive objects because any trigger boundaries make everything vanish to black while in the rift! Help?!

[=;250574]
Surely someone must know how to disable this ‘fade to black thing’ in the blueprint somehow?!?!?! I literally can’t seem to use any interactive objects because any trigger boundaries make everything vanish to black while in the rift! Help?!
[/]

Try making the trigger smaller on the Z scale. Make it hip height, which is what I did with several items in my levels. I left the walls alone, as I don’t want them looking through them.

Would there be an easy way to setup the camera to work in a way that would mimic nighttime terrorwww…com/watch?v=OEmA0ZoV25M

[=;250574]
[/]

Are you using the v0.4.5 from the as I believe I fixed bug in that version

[=crumbaker;253580]
Would there be an easy way to setup the camera to work in a way that would mimic nighttime terrorwww…com/watch?v=OEmA0ZoV25M
[/]

I don’t see anything really special about it’s setup (may be missing something though) just add a Pawn go to the world settings and set the HMD world scale to something over 100 and you should be good to go

Still need help with hands not staying on wheel in 4.7 in the VR Spaceshooter. The reason i started with the template is for the character and wheel part, and its broke in 4.7, and after 3 weeks of asking for help on it I am still getting nowhere.

Thanks for the replies. I’ll go and check for that new version but I’m halfway through the project so don’t really want to mess around with it to to much.

I did try getting the triggers at a lower level but something within the blueprint setup kept on snapping it to face height so I gave up in the end, it was a premade lamp that you can turn on and off and I’m not that good at blueprints yet so might have been something easy if you know what you’re doing!

working on a VR installation. Essentially we have a user on a swing wearing the Oculus Rift, and they have the sensation of swinging in the virtual world we create in UE4. We have managed to get the first person POV that looks nice from the VR Game template, but we cant seem to figure how to hook up the positional tracker so the movement on the swing is shown by moving our character or camera . We are planning to have the positional tracker on a wall in front of the swing, so we need to translate that forward/backward movement to the forward/backward movement of our character or camera. It is not necessary that we actually have a physical character, it could be nice, but as long as the camera moves convincingly we are happy.

Hello, thank you very much for this.

Can you give me some pointers? I press play in UE4, F11, then “ALT & Enter” nothing happens? am I missing something? its very late at night so maybe I am just being dumb and need to look at in the morning?

Thanks again and any help would be much appreciated.

Well done on the template! It’s very useful for Oculus-orientated games. I’ve began working on a game for DK2 and had been working with the template for the past few weeks, but can’t seem to figure out how to remove the camera boundaries lines, that appear when I reach-out the camera limits. Can somebody please tell me what should I delete/change in which blueprint to make that happen? I’ve been trying to make for the past 3 nights with no luck :frowning: Will greatly appreciate if someone will help with this.

Hi ,

Thank you for your work on this. I have used it plenty times before, but stopped using it because I couldn’t figure out how to get rid of the UMG menu! :stuck_out_tongue:

I have a question, though: I am building a VR space that is made for physical movement. Such that the HMD position as I move my body, stays consistent with the Cameracomponent in Unreal. What i’m doing now is using the Leap Motion integration, which means I am attaching the LeapMotion Controller to the CameraComponent of the MyCharacter blueprint. However, when I move my body in physical space, the HMD + Camera are not sync’d, and the hands stick with the Character in-game.

Needless to say is a problem for me! After much, much research, i’ve come back to the VR template in search of an answer. Is something you’re familiar with? Something I can alter using you template?

Many thanks in advance. The community and I are so thankful for your hard work.

[=;253705]
I don’t see anything really special about it’s setup (may be missing something though) just add a Pawn go to the world settings and set the HMD world scale to something over 100 and you should be good to go
[/]

thank you, might seem easy to some but I never thought of changing the world scale settings, helps a lot.

Just for the record… after updating to the latest version I still cant approach a trigger without everything going dark. Unless there’s a setting I’m missing somewhere. If anyone knows please let me know. Given up on blueprints for project now as it was getting crazy.

what’s the latest version of the template ? Still 0.4.5?

Modified the Comfort Mode Blueprint a bit, use if you like set up better.

vjguoo1Ba7E