VR Expansion Plugin

Thanks again for the info. I’ll offset by HMD relative on possession then.

VR versions of “SetRot, SetRotAndLoc, AddRot” sound pretty helpful. How can I access these? I downloaded the latest commit of the example, and didn’t see them exposed to BP. are they native only?

Not out yet, its in the unreleased branch where I have been trying to finish up a feature, holiday + entire family getting sick got in the way of finishing it weekend :wink:

Aight, so the car works multiplayer with the C++ seat version now and all of the control blueprints ripped out, i’ll finish rolling in features for it tomorrow and hopefully get to push branch live, it has a ton of good changes.

I had a question regarding the Car I tried to do the same to the buggy in the vehicle learn tab however I always spawn on the ground under the car. I’m pretty noobish with whole thing so I wasn’t sure how to fix the position of the drivers seat. any help on where to begin to fix would be great thanks.

It will be a lot easier once the core is in c++ later week, but you should be attaching to a scene component that you drag around to set the location you want to be sitting.

whew…stable enough to release now, will write up patch notes and push live tomorrow, going to take awhile to work through the commits and list changes.

Then I am probably going to do nothing but update documentation and fix bugs until 4.19 since 4.19 changes so much and the documentation is many plugin updates behind now…

is anyone here having crash?
any suggestions?
thanks

That has been fairly common in 4.18, I run in debug editor so that I can continue on slate crashes. Shouldn’t have anything to do with the plugin itself, an engine bug.

Is there any way to run example project on 4.18.1? I’ve got an error trying to rebuild modules that are missing…

The example project IS on 4.18.1?

It requires actually compiling though, launching through the uproject won’t compile the modules.

Pushed new commit to both the Plugin and Template repositories (new precompiled binaries and demo already uploaded).

TEMPLATE NOTES

Fixed velocity clearing for tracked objects in character blueprints

Changed the character grip check so that it can also grip simulating non root components.
Before it failed out if it wasn't the root component.

Added mesh slicer and slicing dummy

Added "Simple_BaseVRCharacter_NotNetworked" (will be further simplified in the future)

Removed the Simple_VivePawnCharacter, either the complex or Simple characters can be re-parented
to a SimpleVRCharacter at any point and I don't really want to promote use of it as much anyway.

Fixed some car bugs, had to add a root scene component to prevent the car
from auto simulating the buttons and levers.

Car also now correctly checking in the player controller for active HMD.

How the car functions is now entirely overhauled to use the new SetSeatedMode for the BaseVRCharacters.

PLUGIN NOTES

Moved view extension destruction in motion controller to BeginDestroy like the new controllers in 4.19
Epic had it listed as a crash in the private bug tracker I guess.

Added SG_Custom and SG_Scaling only to secondary grip types

SG_Custom doesn't do anything, it just lets you apply a secondary grip
and choose what happens based on its events yourself.

SG_ScalingOnly doesn't rotate the object, it just scales it.

Made it so that parent grippable components get the OnChild events for attached grippable components
as well, not just the actor.

Decoupled the OpenVRPlugin from the VRExpansionPlugin now that there is no TrackedDeviceController.
Can be a stand alone plugin now.

Made physics with sweep grip sweep sub components as well now (attached components to the root also get swept with movements)

Set VRButtonComponent to overlap all by default, it doesn't need blocking collision anyway.

Added SetSeatedModeFunctionality to the BaseCharacter. Comes with events that fire off to help do screen fade and 
manage things when a seat is taken. Is a base part of the charater now (documentation coming  week).
It does NOT turn off movement replication, instead it paths in as a custom movement mode for the pawn and the server
and owning client handle repositioning while remote simulating clients get it replicated by the server down.

Supports automatic head radius and pushback and a threshold value that can be sampled to run fading of vision.
Also has a Re-zero function that can be used for after the player chooses a new spot, sits down, or finds a chair.
Re-zero could be set to a timer and auto set within a set countdown as well to allow automatic seat detection.

Added SetActorRotationVR, AddActorRotationVR, SetActorLocationAndRotationVR nodes to the Basecharacter, these all
automatically offset and rotate by the HMD. (IE: SetActorLocationAndRotationVR(Loc(100,0,0), Rot(0,0,45)) would place THE PLAYER (not the root)
at 100,0,0 worldspace and facing 45 yaw in world space. These nodes should provide a lot of shortcutting for people, I should have made them
as long time ago.

hi,i found AGrippableSkeletalMeshActor can only grip root bone. A Skeletal can have many bones, only grip root bone It’s very strange.

Documentation updates will be coming in today, I hope to fix the wiki being so far behind changes made.

Edit Still re-writing variable, settings, and information manually. However I did set up KantanDocGen for the nodes/functions as it does generally a great job and will be easier to maintain in the future.

These are also linked in the wiki and OP

Auto Generated Node References (KantanDocGen)
https://.bitbucket.io/VRExpansionPlugin/VR
https://.bitbucket.io/OpenVRExpansionPlugin/VR
https://.bitbucket.io/ExampleTemplate/VR

Added new use case game to the list in the OP under unreleased.

District Steel

Thanks! :slight_smile: I hope to have some new gameplay footage ready soon

How do i update the Plugin? What is the best way? Do i have to delete the old plugin folders? what if i have set up a old version of grippeble items with a old version? how do i update propely?

And i am working on a Title too that uses Plugin as soon as the Steam - Coming soon - Page is realesed i will post an link

I would make a full copy of your project (unless you have version control because you can revert then), delete the contents of the plugin folder, and then put the new version in. Migration is kind of off because you have to troll the patch notes for how to do it, but I am starting to add migration guides for each version to the wiki.

I just found your steam skybox overrides via Kantan Doc Generator pages. I’ve always had issue with dropping out to steam when loading streaming levels as my levels are pretty big, and using the “Set Skybox Override” latlong before and the “clear skybox override” after did the trick for swapping the latlong map where none of the splash-screen updates from epic seemed to work… so thanks for that! I was wondering if you also have or know about a way to disable the steam circular grid-lines which is the last annoyingly visible feature of the stream dropout that I can’t seem to get rid of.

I think those are set client side, the fade grid just fades in and out of the OpenVR primary enviroment (I think they misnamed it).

If you want more control by the way, use the SetSuspendRendering function so that you directly control when it blanks out to the loading enviroment and back.

Thanks, I had tried the FadeVRGrid and was wondering why the gridlines didn’t seem to be changing.
Will SetSuspendRendering help get rid of those lines? Will try it out.