VR Expansion Plugin

DropAndSocket doesnt’ have to attach to a socket, you can use one as the target for it if you want though. But yeah it does use that function, the template is setup so that it calls the objects WantsToSocket function and drops and sockets if true.

Ah Perfect! I immediately dismissed it since I didn’t see an actual mesh “socket” lol. I traced the ShouldSocketGrip and RequestsSocket back to GunBase via the Grip interface and found where you’re calling Body and got my custom holster working.

Appreciate the response!

Is there an event for when the stabbing constraint is broken? I am trying to apply a damage event when the constraint is broken using on constraint broken but it does not seem to be working?

The “stabbing constraint” is just a normal constraint. Did you set a force so that it would actually break?

Sorry, perhaps i misspoke. When something is stabbed and the knife is pulled out is there an event i could use for apply damage. ATM it is overlap end with the stabber but that is not preffered. Im asking if there is a better event for sending damage when the stabbing is initiated or ended?

Both are controlled in BP? Add an event for when it ends if you want one, that is why I left it controlled on your end and not the grip scripts.

Hey, I’m having an issue. my project has huge rubberbanding issues for the client. for example, if the client rotates too fast it jerks back making it not a smooth experience. I tried to turn on ignore client error checking on VR Character pawn and that didn’t do anything. also, I noticed if I disable the movement component the rubberbanding goes away and everything works fine the client is replicating correctly from the server point of view but when I turn on the component the rubberbanding comes back. it’s an issue because we are using the movement component for fall detection. I would love to use the plugin… do you have any ideas why is happening?

I assume that you are directly setting rotation?

I note it here: VR Expansion Plugin Documentation – VR Expansion Plugin under the Client Authoritative Rotation section, but I rolled the rollback code to take into account rotation as well for VR Characters since rotating them also moves the HMD location, its not like an FPS pawn where rotation just rotates the capsule in place.

There is a setting to go back to default behavior for FPS controls of the VRCharacter, also generally the rotation for VR control should be performed with a MoveAction so that the server plays it back just like the client did.

Hey mate! Just want to say thank you for all you’ve done! :slight_smile:

Hey, . I’m new to UE and trying to get going with a VR project when I stumbled on your plugin. While settling down to work tonight I saw an update available for UE (4.25.3) so I updated and tried importing your plugin into a new project. I get the Missing Modules dialog, and when trying to rebuild, get the error “[PROJECT_NAME] could not be compiled. Try rebuilding from source manually.”

If I remove the plugin, I can open my project, so it definitely seems related. Not sure if there’s a log somewhere that I can check to give you more info.

Any ideas?

I rebuilt the plugin last night for 4.25.3, if you are working off of the pre-built binaries then you need to re-download them with the newest link.

Awesome! Is that code up on GitHub yet? I don’t see any commits since the 24th. Just tried downloading the zip to and tried again to be sure and got the same results.

There were no code changes? It wasn’t a plugin issue, it was an engine issue that things wouldn’t compile in the engine plugins directory?

Also it was resolved for me obviously as I couldn’t actually rocket build one of my plugins before the patch since it references another.

Hello mate! Am trying to get a Physics Constraint Lever working with “Generate Wake Events”. Every wake/sleep event triggers perfectly when interacting with Grasping Physics Hands, the issue comes from the moment i make a Grip on the object. After that wake/sleep events won’t trigger. On non-physics hands there’s no issue. Do you have any idea? Thank you!

Edit : tried it on the template cabinet to be sure that i havent done any mistake :slight_smile:

Tried to find the issue, which it seems to be weld simulated bodies on the attached component. But solution creates miriads of other issues :frowning:

Welding attaches the simulated body to the other one, if its preventing sleeping for some reason that would be an engine bug.

Regardless, i’m not entirely sure why you are trying to use sleep / wake events to control a physical lever when you have grip events for handling / ticking across the grip time anyway.
If you need the events post grip then I could see that, but sleeping should function fine post grip. Also you may have your sleep threshold set incorrectly.

Hey , thank you for quickly responding! Actually i need post grip only to Enable Tick on actor so i can perform Constrain Angular Values for Swing on different Lever States(rotations). Because am trying to have etc. Weight meshes to be put on a lever by physics to manipulate other actions. I could just leave Tick Enabled all the time, but that would really hurt performance if applied to all actors… so i guessed Wake Events as a more straightforward way to check if Tick is needs to be Enabled :slight_smile:

I have spent many hours and the now i ve found the issue. is a “hacky fix” , as i tried it on right grasping hand and it seemed to work, although am getting warnings on output log… Can you assist?

Thank you!​​​​​​​

If it is not throwing the sleep and wake events even after the grip is off of the object than there is something wrong with the engine itself, the hand will have de-welded by then and there isn’t anything plugin side influencing it.

Well the setup i tried was only changing the Collision of the hand before making the grip, the “weld stuff” was on prior tests. It seems i simply could implement some other way to check with Waked Rigid bodies, before i break it completely. Thank you for your time mate!!! :slight_smile:

Hello!!

First of all is amazing!, been having a look at your plugin for the past couple of days trying to understand everything and it looks like it could fit all my needs!

However, I’ve been trying to do a bow using the example project and the grippable skeletal mesh and I’m running into an issue! hopefully somebody here can point me in the right direction :). For reference, what I’m doing is very similar to https://github.com/ just trying to build it using your grip skeletal mesh class.
My bow can be gripped with both hands, the secondary hand will attach to a secondary socket and then on tick I’m using the relative location of my motion controller to blend between two animations (moving the bone and the secondary socket my controller is attached to). Everything works except for the fact that my hand (both my mesh and the overlap collision althouh my motion controller seem to be where my real hand is) get stuck in the initial location of the grip and never update.

Ideally I just want my hand mesh to stick with my motion controller, I’ve been messing around with the settings but haven’t found a way to do it. Also been debugging the code but can’t really find the place where you update the secondary attachments, since as far as I can tell get stored in GripInfo->Secondary … but the HandleGripArray function that gets called every tick only seem to update the main one?

I’ve also tried to just override my way through in BP directly, like trying to set the location of those components on tick and stuff like that but not much luck. For reference these are my settings:

Finally, worth mentioning that I’m testing on a single player environment. Networking will come later :slight_smile:

Thank you again!

Bada$$ plugin mate!! really helped out immensely for a beginner. I look forward to diving deeper and seeing what scenes i can create .

I could use some help on these last two things i have for completing my archviz of my childhood family home. I knew 0 going in and i’m amazed at how powerful engine and plugins are.

I’m using the Door w/ the Doorkey blueprint - how could i set the blueprint to “Locked” as the default state?
Also I have a clamshell container that i was hoping to be able to open, is there a recommendation on a BP i can reuse to accomplish ?

Thanks!!