VR display on PC - both eyes?

Hi everyone,

Back in the day, the VR display on the PC was for both eyes, side by side. I don’t seem to be able to “enable” this feature, if it still exists. Does anyone know? I would like to be able to display the VR output on my PC for both eyes, side by side, as in the image.

Thanks for any help!

Did you try these commands?

1 Like

Thanks for the reply – yes I did. Has no effect, unless I’m doing something wrong.

What I find weird is that when typing out “HMD”, there are no autofill commands for “HMD”.

Is it a problem that I am starting this level from inside the Editor?

Oh! I used that setting the whole time without knowing what it does exactly!
(always thought that stuff is only useful for the VR Spectator Pawn itself)

But, yes:

The node ‘Set Spectator Screen Mode’ defines, how the VR experience will be displayed on your screen. These modes come with a quite short explanation in the official UE Documentation. (added the link below)

Virtual Reality Spectator Screen in Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine Documentation

That mode I used for that screenshot below is ‘Undistorted’. Based on the documentation I’d guess that the mode ‘Distorted’ could deliver that result you’re aiming for. (If ‘Undistorted’ is still not enough) - but ‘Distorted’ won’t work for me. Even though I have a Oculus / Meta Quest 2 it still renders with Default Mode (kind of). Maybe it is because I’m using the OpenXR Plugin instead of the Oculus Plugin.

Hope that will help! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I CANNOT thank you enough!!! That’s exactly what I needed.

Thank you thank you THANK YOU! :pray: