Volumetric Cloud component disappears when I play the game within the editor

Hi everyone. Im extremely new to UE5, quite literally started yesterday so go easy on me if im messing up something basic :sweat_smile:

Anyhow, im trying to set up a scene with this alien-ish world and my volumetric clouds which appear in editor disappear when I hit play. Any idea what this is about?

What I see in edit mode:

What I see in play mode:

Somewhat similar issue was discussed here but it doesnā€™t solve my problem as I donā€™t see RT Allocation or Render Cloud block when I right click the event graph.

TIA.

If the actor isnā€™t hidden in game then I would go on to say that maybe the settings need to be increased because for whatever reason Iā€™ve seen many people have this issue including myself is that what you see in the editor isnā€™t always what you see in game. Itā€™s apparently not supposed to be like that, but it is in fact like that lol. Despite any settings in the editor screenā€¦

I have had a map that I wanted dimmly lit. In the editor panel the scene is almost completely black yet in game it looks like dusk or dawn. I basically have to crank up the settings I want that look ridiculous in the editor and hit play to see what itā€™s actually going to look like. Makes editing time consuming and difficult, but the only way to achieve the results I wantedā€¦

1 Like

Thanks for your response, but ive tried increasing the cloud depth, opacity and max distance to get the most dense cloud cover in editor and still NOTHING appears in play mode.

You may need to enable the settings in your editor preferences. I canā€™t seem to think of them off the top of my head, but some features are disabled by default and need to be checked/unchecked and restart your editorā€¦

Also worth checking whether the ā€˜Hidden in Gameā€™ checkbox is checked, under the rendering settings, for the actor and any actor components associated with features that donā€™t appear when you play the game.