Vive Mocap Kit - Support

thanks ,I use ikinema orion before ,but the date will expire in one mouth ,so we now start to find a new solution to instead of our solution ,so thanks ,I find the new solution ,cool software ,and the price is also affordable ,so thanks ,very much,I will email you and buy it and one more thing, is there a video to tech us how to use it ,I am a newer to the software or plugin,so thanks

Hi,

We recently purchased your kit on the marketplace, and are looking to implement this into our 4.20.3 unreal project, but the link to the 4.20 demo project seems to be dead.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QzGWihX3FGrMvUi7rLsHiiu3vYBt-Wlh/edit

Do you think you could provide an updated link? I emailed you but it seems like the email provided is not in service.

Thanks,

Hi,
Unfortunately, old project were broken due to changes in the plugin. You can take 4.23 project, convert it to 4.20 and create new map (itā€™s not possible to rollback levels). Map in the simple demo project is just blank floor. Create new level and select BP_GameMode in world settings.

Ah, ok. I see. Thanks!

Hi again ,

I have just bought a Valve Index complete kit with Knuckles controllers, but I am having trouble getting everything set up to work along with my HTC rackers also (which I have 6 of now). My PC has no USB 2.0 slots so I have just ordered a USB 2.0 card to hook my hub up to thinking that it might be the USB 3.0 controller that is running over or something?

The trackers will pair up but not, it seems when the knuckles are also linked up and workingā€¦

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

*** THIRD EDIT *** in the end I had to purchase this startech PEXUSB3S44V usb 3.0 card to get everything working as it shouldā€¦ you can check out a review of the card here:-

Cheers!

Hi ,

Iā€™ve got a few questions:

1. Is it possible to make the tracker meshes invisible after the calibration process is done? How could that be done?
    Iā€™ve only used the vanilla demo of yours.

2. Also, is it possible to limit the elbows movement when not using Tracker for them? I only got the basic setup. Vive controller, HMD and 3 Tracker for pelvis and feet. The knees are ok but the elbows go haywire.

3. Instead of scaling the avatar is it possible to scale the player character? For example if the character is only half a meter high, it would be a better VR experience to see the world from someone/something of that height. (I think thatā€™s possible in VR Chat)

1. Open BP_CapturePawn blueprint and add these nodes (see screenshot) and the end of ā€œReadyToRecordā€ event.

2. No, unfortunately. Make sure that orientation of virtual hand palm fits well real palm. Elbows should work better then.

3. It would require to scale a whole world (as UE4 receives coordinates of camera and motion controllers in real scale), which isnā€™t possible. You can disable avatar scaling in menu, but, in this case, avatar wouldnā€™t fit actor (so youā€™d see small avatar from outside).

We have an issue with networking.

We based your work on your replication sample all is working well except enabling capture on serverā€™s pawn on a client machine.
Server can see itself and the client capturing but the client only sees itself and the bIsCapturing of the serverā€™s pawn on client machine is false.

Hi, @!

First of all, I want to say that your plugin is very cool! Now I can capture motion directly in UE4 and its very useful!)

Could you help me please?
I want to create custom level and use your plugin on it. But when I call ā€œPrepare for Calibrationā€ node, I get very huge static mesh(look at the picture). And I canā€™t set bones and fill skeletal mesh with my trackers on this step. Then when I call ā€œCalibrate Bonesā€ it doesnā€™t calibrate and as a result I have skeletal mesh in T-pose which I canā€™t control.

I made my setup according to the pdf instructions.
I attached screenshots from my project for better understanding,

In demo level (ā€œMocapMapā€) plugin works perfectly
Please, could you give me advice what should I do and what am I doing wrong?

@Zipker
BP_CapturePawn is looking for BP_SkeletonPreset actor in BeginPlay with ā€œIsDefaultā€ variable checked, then it updates CaptureDevice component settings and skeletal mesh/aimation blueprint from this object. So either re-create this actor on your level (and click ā€œSetDefaultā€) or disable this nodes in BP_CapturePawn actor to use settings pre-defined in the blueprint.

Feature Request

I was wondering if it would it be possible to add a clone feature to the program. When making animations a lot of scenes tend to be interacting with another character so its good to have a reference point. A nice feature would be able to take one mocap and have the ability to play it back as a clone while you take the second and then be able to interact with it.

Take making a fight scene for example:

1. Record 1st Mocap: (A) Makes a punch.
  2. Postions 1st Mocap (A) And begins playback as clone.
  3. Record 2nd Mocap: (B) Reacts to punch.
  4. Save scene then export.
  5. Open parts (A) and (B) in the animation suite the animations will fit together nicely with timing and distance.

Thanks for bringing this program about its been a great help to my projects.

i am having some issues setting up my blueprints iam using 4.25 and your projects wont open, any assistance would be appreciated. i have already sent an email with more information

Once you have the mocap data you can then create the animation and / or retarget your new character. After this simply place your new animated character into the ā€˜Vive Mocapā€™ Level and set the required animation to play in a loop or something. As long as you can get the scale of the character right it is then possible for you to ā€˜actā€™ with the new character.

Sorry if my explanation isnā€™t that great but you should be able to get the general idea.

Thank you.

1. Iā€™ve recorded an animation using Genesis 8 Preset, exported the animation to BVH and imported in DAZ studio. Character is acting weird, tried all BVH import options. How can I export animations that will replicate exactly in DAZ studio?

2. I replaced the default G8 skeleton mesh with a custom model; but it doesnā€™t work. What steps are needed to setup Mocap for custom G8 Models?

I enjoy the plugin so far, just like some more documentation on G8 workflow.

Thanks!

Hi, !
Iā€™ve re-created BP_SkeletonPreset and changed all needed settings in it, but resault is the same, Mannequenā€™s actor is big. Also I didnā€™t find ā€œSetDefaultā€ node in my or default BP_CapturePawn.

Could you help me please?

PS
It would be awesome if you create tutorial ā€œHow to create Vive Mocap Setup into custom levelā€ and upload it to your youtube channel :o

SetDefault is not a node, itā€™s an editor function which looks like a button in ā€œDetailsā€ tab for BP_SkeletonPreset actor in level. YOu need to click it. And thatā€™s why Mannequen looks so big.

If you want to use VMK to create real-time avatar (not animation capture), ViveMocap project isnā€™t good starting point. Instead, use second demo object which has much simplier setup.

Hi, ! How to output all trackers ļ¼Ÿ:slight_smile:

You mean, to capture trackers positions?

Yes all trackers positions
In addition hi5 vr glove support?:smiley:

There is ā€œSocketsMapā€ map under Skeleton settings. You can use it to capture raw location/rotation of trackers to any free bones.