Visual Studio 2022 is 64 bit and compiles and runs UE 5.0 EA approximately 20% FASTER

Hi @Marius_Sheppard, There is progress with getting UE50EA2 to create C++ projects.
I now have VS2019, building C++ projects correctly. Previously there was a problem carried over from UE4 that needed VS2017 installed. I will now work on getting VS2022 compiling projects.

If you want to manually build with VS2022 go to your project.sln right-click open with VS2022. right-click your project.sln select “Build”, when built press Ctrl-F5, “Start without Debugging”

To all those following this thread please load the latest update Preview and look at the Notification bell symbol with a number that will appear. Click on the bell symbol and the Notifications windows will appear. Select and Click on the Visual Studio 2022 Preview and select “Start Update on Visual Studio on Closing”.

The debug symbols load is now so fast. The new compiler has taken 480 seconds of compile build time of UE50EA as its all 64 bit

For the Graphics Content designer, have a look at the new icons and send feedback when you create a new project in the VS2022 preview.
It’s awesome with Preview 2 my conversion of the Epic Marketplace Infiltrator example from UE4 to UE5 its 10GB project have to be held inside UE5. The total memory used was beyond 12GB whilst running the shader compilers, all eleven, as each shader compiler run completed another item appeared in the window.
Goodbye 32bit 4GB memory limit!.

Please load the UE5EA and build it from the source with VS2022 as described above.
We UE5EA group are building one of the biggest test projects for VS2022 Preview.

This is influencing the performance of the final version of VS2022, the MS Compiler Engineering teams are looking at the performance statistics for compiling UE50 and execution of the UE50EA code and the more people test this the better for the future of UE50