[Video] The Forest like Building system | Realtime construction/crafting gameplay

How does the weather-system works? Does it have time of the day as well?

I dont understand your question

Well, right now the weather systems isnt somethink that I care about, I just made a time of day and houses that bring on and off lights/steams, but no weather system is made for now.

Thank you guys!

: your inbox is full, I cant asnwer back

hi
I cant message you because your inbox is full

For those that are interested on the system, its for sale in my website by just $18

Take a look here: http://nsabater.com/downloads/building-system/

Update (how to add actions and materials to a building):

your inbox is full.

Has been updated to 4.7?

Not right now, but as its done in blueprints it should work on any engine version

Danielpeles: you should be able to send me messages now

:I still cant send you messages.

Epic should increase the message storage capacity, send it to me now

Very cool.

Edit: The link for the website did not work for me…

Definitely, it’s ridiculous that there is even a limit.

The link works, maybe the host was offline, try Downloads Archive - Nestor´s portfolio

Thank you

I was going to buy it, then seen Next features: (discontinuated for now)

How long do you estimate production will stop for because right now it looks pretty bare bones…

also if you where to discontinue forever or an unreasonable period would you provide refunds as you are wanting $18 but they have something sort of similar for Unity which I also have for only $5 so I am just trying to make a purchase where I can keep moving forward with modeling and level design not needing to worry about programming or blueprint, etc…

From what I remember, the product wasn’t for sale until after the “discontinued” features were labelled as such.

If you are interested in the features he listed as not being done anymore… I’m currently working on a Survival Game Template… for more details on the features that will ship with…

https://.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?63695-WIP-Configurable-Survival-Game-Template

Has many of the features listed and is coming along nicely.

Hey, well, the “discontinuated” message is said because for now Im not going to develop the rest of the features such as hunger system, day night cycle etc, and If I do them in a near future, Ill be releasing them (in the same pucharse) in a different project so you can import them if you want, or not if you dont want.

Its just because the important and hard system is the building system, which comes with a very complex interaction system (buttons for actions), it assigns 1 different keyboard key to each interaction in the radius, for sure can be modified with easy. So really making a day night cycle its very easy to do in unreal, plus all of the stats apoisonedgift is doing are very specific, you may want all of them or not for your project.

My package will allow you to build ANY kind of structures with easy, and should be easy to customize to add specific functions to your buildings if you want them to do somethink special when built.

If you have more questions just ask here!
Thank you very much

Hi ,

is an impressive system you’ve got here. I’m curious how it differs to the Modular Player Structure system that’s on the Marketplace. Any reason why yours isn’t on the marketplace yet?
Also I have a few questions regarding the system:
Is there a specific size the meshes have to be in order for to work? For example you’re using fairly large meshes that look to be around 200x200 units. Is it possible to use smaller pieces?
Is it possible to mix the size of meshes? Small pieces and Large pieces?
Is there a limit to the number of meshes you can have in the player’s “inventory” to allow them to build with?
Does include a system to require resources before you can build an object or is it only the building ?
If we purchase the kit now, we get all future update for free?
Also it seems strange that the building system only took you 4 days to complete and yet its been half a year since you started the thread and you haven’t yet integrated the other planned features.

Thank you TorQueMoD, Ill try to reply your questions:

I’m curious how it differs to the Modular Player Structure system that’s on the Marketplace

The modular building sistems differs in some thinks, first, I developed before it hehe, but seriously, the modular system is intended for other kind of games, similar to “Rust” game, opposit it my system, which is intended for games like “The Forest”, really they are just different kinds of gameplay

Any reason why yours isn’t on the marketplace yet?

Well, Im thinking about it, but I have to upgrade it to the latest UE version and I have no time hehe
Is there a specific size the meshes have to be in order for to work? For example you’re using fairly large meshes that look to be around 200x200 units. Is it possible to use smaller pieces?**

Definetly not, I sold it to a guy that was about to build a really big structure, and also you can see in my video that when I build the little “house” Im using small rocks too, there is no limitation.

Is it possible to mix the size of meshes? Small pieces and Large pieces?

I replied it on the last question, in addition I must say that there is no pieces limitation, in ammount nor in types, you can build literally any kind of structure

Is there a limit to the number of meshes you can have in the player’s “inventory” to allow them to build with?

Well, currently there is no “inventory”, I mean that right now the player just takes an item and carrys it, then you press a key and he builds the structure removing the item from the “inventory”
I still have to make some improvements on part

Does include a system to require resources before you can build an object or is it only the building ?

Yes! you only need to add a tag to the mesh component and the ammount needed on the default options, unlimited resources types, as shown in one of the images I posted above

If we purchase the kit now, we get all future update for free?

Yes! you can read on my website too
Also it seems strange that the building system only took you 4 days to complete and yet its been half a year since you started the thread and you haven’t yet integrated the other planned features.**

Thats right, I built system for fun, I wasnt planning to release a game like The Forest, I was just willing to have fun building it, that means that I only can develop it when I have time, and since I got some real projects I have no much time to spend on .

Anyway, as you can read above:

"Hey, well, the “discontinuated” message is said because for now Im not going to develop the rest of the features such as hunger system, day night cycle etc, and If I do them in a near future, Ill be releasing them (in the same pucharse) in a different project so you can import them if you want, or not if you dont want.

Its just because the important and hard system is the building system, which comes with a very complex interaction system (buttons for actions), it assigns 1 different keyboard key to each interaction in the radius, for sure can be modified with easy. So really making a day night cycle its very easy to do in unreal, plus all of the stats apoisonedgift is doing are very specific, you may want all of them or not for your project."

I hope I cleared your questions!

Yes thank you very much. actually looks like a much better system for what I’m making which is really a game similar to The Forest - hadn’t played the game so I bought it last night and just tried it for the first time today.

So my last worry then is that my game is currently using UE 4.7. Is migrating system over to 4.7 going to be difficult? Shouldn’t I just be able to copy and paste the files over and it works right away? Will parts of system be broken if I try to move it to 4.7? Cause I’m not at all good with BP otherwise I’d obviously not be looking to purchase your kit.

Also I forgot to ask - I’m guessing you have to create the “Ghost” meshes for the structure you want to have when its finished? Or is based on the final structure mesh? IE Once you put all resources in place - for example the 6 logs for the wall - does it actually delete those meshes and replace it with a single wall mesh? Or is the final wall actually comprised of 6 separate meshes with 6 separate Ghost meshes as well?

Migrating it to 4.7 should be as easy as right click on the project and select “change unreal engine version”.

Because its a blueprint only project there shouldnt be any problem, but I cant ensure that, maybe somethink could change a bit, but the whole project should be working

About your last question, by default you put multiple meshes, for example, one log for the ghost effect and another one inside it for the final structure, thats because when you are building the structure you still see all the ghost meshes.

When finished the ghosts meshes become hidden and just the “real” meshes are visible.

About the ghost effect, its just a material, you dont need to use different meshes for the effect.

The fact because I let the meshes to be independent is because you may want them to be broken, like in the forest, simulating phisics. Anyway if you want the building to do somethink special or to chane the individual meshes for a whole big mesh, you should be able to do easely