This is a survival game prototype Im making, based on the game “The forest”, I made this 100% with Blueprints
The system has been completly rebuilt and improved to be modular and following better standards, architectures and workflows, using Unreal Engine 4.24+
All versions, documentation and more details at the marketplace: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp…uilding-system
**V2 Video **
-------------- ***OLD VERSIONS BELOW (highly deprecated) ***-------------
Currently supported version: 4.8.1+
Cleanup: Some BPs have been refactored
Documentation: Key features have been commented
Tutorial: A example level with comments have been made
UPDATED: 4.9 version.
Here is a new vid of the update:
Whats new on 4.9?
- Interaction system targeting redone, now you only interact with the object you are looking at, so from now you wont be able to interact with more than one object at once.
- UMG included, now interaction buttons are shown trhought UMG widgets, on screen relative location, not on world location.
- Materials (like logs or chunks) are now physics objects, you can interact with them and, when you leave them on the ground, they will simulate physics.
- “Inventory” now only accepts one item at once***
- A bug has been fixed.
*** The framework doesnt have a real inventory, but there is an array that keeps track of all items you are carrying, in 4.8 and previous versions I was leaving it like that because you may want to develop your game on that way, but now, Im limiting the inventory max items in just 1 item at once. It´s EASY to remove this limitation.
New version will be available for download soon, and of course, if you´ve pucharsed an older version, you can download the new one on the release moment.
- Build any kind of estructure
- Any ammont and type of materials
- Easy to extend with more estructures and materials
- Carriable objects
- Unique interaction system
Next features: (discontinuated for now)
- Online system (currently more or less finished, needs to be polised)