[Video] The Forest like Building system | Realtime construction/crafting gameplay

hi
I have a problem with it which is that I when I click play my character is just floating in the air and cant pick nothing up.

You have to select the right game mode in the world properties of your level

okay thanks I have done it I really like it.
when are you planning to finish it because its really awesome and if you finish it are you planning to sell it on the marketplace?

Im not sure about what Ill be doing but its possible that I try to sell it on the marketplace, anyway if I decide to sell it the price wont be hight

okay thanks:)

No problem, if you have more questions just ask them here!

Looks awesome. Keep up the good work.

Thank you pbdarcey, Im very busy right now but Ill be implementing it to an active project currently made by some people (but keeping it as stand-alone too)

Nice thing so far, working on something similar at well. How is the performance with lets say 100 of those walls?

I see a lot of potential to do some really cool stuff. I’ll be following to see how evolves!

Its the same performance you can expect from 100 x N meshes, the logic cost to maintain the blueprint instance on world its minimun, cause the interactions came from the player, the BP only waits for his event to be triggered.

Moreover, to save states of each building Im using booleans, so no logic is done an event updates BP

Thank you!

iam just curiosed because i ran into a heavy performance problem with my work. My Blueprints also had no ticking and stuff still i had massive performance drop with many stuff build

I toke a look into your proyect and looks awesome, maybe I could help you, or even share our projects together

Cheers

My project? I recently converted all the stuff to c++.

I mean to your project thread/videos

can you give us an update about how the project is going and when will you finish it.

Good job, looks awesome!

Hello… I lead a small team of developers and we have been trying to get building system to work, I myself could never code a good “code” that would work for purpose. We have tried so many time but always seem to end up in failure. So I was wondering if it would be a possibility for you to add me on skype to help, or join with the creation of game.

Thank you

Thank you guys, currently I was very busy at work so I have not done much progress, I just added some network functionalities.

Ill announce a new project soon and later Ill return here and to the Dark Souls 2 fighting system.

Send me your skype account trought private message.

Have you sent me one cause I haven’t received any??