Verse Digest has errors: "Definition of an async function found, but no task class exists."

Please select what you are reporting on:

Verse

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Verse

Summary

Verse digest gives error “Definition of an async function found, but no task class exists.”, which make launching a session impossible. When creating a hello_world_device, the error also appears on the “OnBegin” function

Steps to Reproduce

Opening a project creating the default hello_world_device

Expected Result

This error shouldn’t appear and launching a session in a new project with a hello_world_device should possible.

Observed Result

190 Verse errors causing a validation error

Platform(s)

PC

Additional Notes

No Island code can be provided, because there are errors.

Second Note: This error also appears in the output log “LogSolarisIde: Error: C:/Users/Andres/AppData/Local/UnrealEditorFortnite/Saved/VerseProject/FortniteGame/Verse-Verse/Verse.digest.verse(1,8, 1,30): Script Error 3587: Can’t resolve ‘Concurrency’ in /Verse.org”

Here’s an Image with the some of the errors:

1 Like

The status of UCB-1324 incident has been moved from ‘Awaiting Validation’ to ‘Needs Triage’.

3 Likes

same issue here!

1 Like

exact same issue here its 190 errors same digest

found fix, delete all saved verseprojects and all files in fortniteprojects. now it downloaded correct version files for the digest

2 Likes

huh not working for me. when i rebuild project they come back in corrupted

i just dont get how this happens

what do you mean by all “all files in fortniteprojects”

v29.00 is an absolute mess. I have to wonder how thorough they were testing it internally. We’re seeing everything from file corruption and editables being wiped every time you rebuild verse to validation errors on existing fortnite assets and projects failing to push.

The wise thing now is for everyone to just stop using UEFN before they end up losing work and wait on Epic to get their act together.

2 Likes

Hi all, apologies for the issues you’re running into with this. I am currently looking into this and having trouble reproducing this internally. If you’re running into this, could you help provide some additional information here:

• If you just create a brand-new project from the Blank template, add a new Verse script with the default hello_world_device, do you also get the same issue?

• Just to double-check, do you see the exact same errors in the LSP when you look at your Verse code in VS Code?

Thanks. Any additional information you could provide here would be helpful, such as if you notice this only happens with specific projects, or literally every single project you create/open.

I have ran into the same kind of errors and even in a brand new map with a hello world script, I get errors :frowning:

@eks_2007 and @bigtail, could you please attach your full editor logs to this thread?

1 Like

Getting this issue as well across all projects.

If I make a new project, the issue appears the moment I create a new “hello world” template file.

Hi @Fub, could you attach your full editor log to this thread? Your issue appears to manifest slightly differently from the original issue described by @bigtail. Are you making a new project based on the blank template, or some other template?

Additionally, if you attempt the workaround described above (where you clear out the intermediate files in %localappdata%\UnrealEditorFortnite\Saved\VerseProject\FortniteGame, does that somehow resolve the issue?

If I open a fresh instance of the editor, make a new project based on the Blank template, create a hello_world_device, then I get no errors.

However, if I load an older project where the issue persists, it then affects all the other projects if I subsequently open them. I’ve attached the logs

I tried to delete the files in the directory you mentioned, including the directory specific to the troubled project, and that didn’t help.

UnrealEditorFortnite.log (3.3 MB)

1 Like

Delete this Folder:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1139301872289718272/1216242126392656032/image.png?ex=65ffacbf&is=65ed37bf&hm=a6cd470114697d03e8903dfd3332f9222a9e73436d5d391e06f30c1bf2a52ba4&

Deleting that folder did it.

I also had to fix my own verse compilation error in the trouble project,(preventing the code from rebuilding?). All is working again!

1 Like

Same issue in one project, I now have several projects I am scared to open.

My log file is attached, hopefully that will help you.

UnrealEditorFortnite.log (3.9 MB)

Thanks for the additional info everyone.

For those of you who experienced this, could you clarify: did your projects have Verse code that triggered warnings/errors when you first opened your project and then clicked [Rebuild]/[Continue]?